GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 sonoma auto. 2w dr...been sittin in yard 4 yrs..brakes go to floor with eng running. Good firm pedal with eng off..have replaced and bled master cylinder..front disc and rear drums all pads and shoes replaced..all wheels bled multiple times..abs autobleed was done 3 to 4x. Still goes to the floor..help is needed..Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
This may be a stupid question; but it needs to be asked, have you looked for a leak under the truck, like a rotted brake line?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm not a professional, but it seems to me to that either the system not bled correctly (they can be a royal PITA sometimes) or there's a leak somewhere. In addition to checking lines, also check bleeder screws for leaking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not a brake guy, yet I now understand so much more after watching this well thought out video.
Much is covered and some more than needed yet it raises many questions and a resource for the answers.
Be sure to watch it completely because there are many good diagnostic points being made.
Maybe it can help your situation.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The same generation Suburbans / XLs were know to have rotting brake line problems. I'm assuming similar technology in the midsize trucks. I'd start searching for leaks throughout the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts