GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends

I recently inherited a 2004 Chevy Silverado with 23007 miles on the clock. The Silverado 1500 extended cab is a nice truck. However, ever since I came back from the dirt in Iraq my wife tell me the breaks light are not working. I checked all the bulbs and all look good. The turn Signal works, the Hazards work and the rear light work but not break light on the left, right or on back of the window.

I called the dealer he tells me it has 4 fuses for the break, not sure why but I can only see two. If there is any body that can help me with this problem please chime in. I am supposed to be moving and I do not want to move with no break lights. Just PM me!

R,

Julius

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
My 06 only shows one fuse in the panel on the leftside of the dash. Might want to check the stoplight switch if it isn't the fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Friends,
I have a 1997 GMC suburban. recently the real left hand turn light & left hand rear break light stopped working. I have changed the bulb & that didn't make any different. I checked out all the fuses & they all looked good. any advise ?
Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
15,054 Posts
Jack, do you have access to a meter to check for ground and for 12 volts?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
on my old suburban, my current suburban and my landlords venture i had to really clean the connections and slightly bend the prongs on the bulbs to get a good solid connection. but first making sure it is getting power like RayVoy said.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts