GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 yukon. blows cold air while heater is on. i have replaced the blend door actuator and the door is functioning as it should. the heater core is hot. so can anyone tell me what the hack is going on!? i dont have the greatest air volume from the blower motor if that helps in any way .

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,088 Posts
Howdy and welcome

A couple of things. First, do you have all four speeds available from the fan?

Second, it’s a good idea to check inside the A/C heater core box. Pull the blower motor out and then carefully inspect the box to the left. Be careful to not damage the core. Carefully vacuum out the box if you see debris. Then, spray some water, or water/soap/vinegar mix on the coil and then rinse it off. It should flow out of the drain onto the ground. I’d lay a trash bag on the floor under the blower opening just in case the drain is plugged. Flush it until it flows clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy and welcome

A couple of things. First, do you have all four speeds available from the fan?

Second, it’s a good idea to check inside the A/C heater core box. Pull the blower motor out and then carefully inspect the box to the left. Be careful to not damage the core. Carefully vacuum out the box if you see debris. Then, spray some water, or water/soap/vinegar mix on the coil and then rinse it off. It should flow out of the drain onto the ground. I’d lay a trash bag on the floor under the blower opening just in case the drain is plugged. Flush it until it flows clean.
thank you for replying the heater coil is new and clean but i will pull the blower motor and inspect it and yes it does work on all speeds. thats whats blowing my mind.

·
Registered
14,133 Posts
I assume your saying the door moves when you move it by hand.
Have you tried removing the actuator and putting the door in the hot position by hand?

·
Registered
14,133 Posts
Ok, so when you move the door by hand you get lots of heat?
When you reinstall the actuator, you no longer have lots of heat?
If so, you need to recalibrate the actuator.
Go to YouTube for a recal procedure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts