GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know everyone has their own opinions on this, and frankly, I am not trying to ruffle any feathers... :neutral: ...my '88 'burb' has electric windows and locks including the window in the tailgate...I do not like electric...too many things and too expensive when one of those things breaks!!

Have any of you converted to manual windows and locks?? How difficult is it? I realize that I would have to buy new hardware and new door panels, but is it a difficult thing to do??

Please let me know.

Thanks!!! :great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
No, no thats a perfectly good guestion Ron! I'm like you I'm not a big fan of them either. Like Feiro says technology is great when it works and a pain in the a$$ when its broke.
I would think inside door panels would be same but you would need a donor truck from wreckin' yard. Door pads, window crank, manual door lock assembly...etc. Then pull fuse and cap off wires in door. I think its do-able. Why not especially if your gonna play in the mud with it...4X4'n!
Go for it when you get back!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I had a friend that did this on his 87 Suburban a few years ago. He found it easier to swap doors from another truck than it was to try and install all the hand cranks. He got lucky and found someone wanting power windows on a truck in the same year range as his.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts