GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Brand new here. I've got a 2002 Suburban Z71 with onstar (I think it's disconnected), Pioneer head unit. I bought the truck 30k miles ago as is - I have replaced the factory sub (it was blown) and the front two door speakers. Everything worked fine on it until I started it the other day and there is NO sound coming from any speaker. XM, radio, cd - no source produces sound. Fuses are good to factory amp, head unit, etc. I'm baffeled. I'm currently trying to sell the truck and this obviously is a downer.

Is it possible the wires could have come loose/broke at the sub causing total silence? I wasn't going to tear the rear apart again unless there seemed relevant. Also, I've heard that the factory amp behind the glove box can go out. Is there a way to test it before spending $150 on a new one? Please help!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No sound from speakers, 2002 Suburban

I'm brand new here and just saw this catagory. I posted to the general question area first. I have slooooooow internet so browsing is a bit of a pain.

Anyrate, I have an 02 Suburban with aftermarket Pioneer head unit, aftermarket front door speakers and aftermarket sub in the factory hole. No other mods that I know of (I've only had the truck a year and a half).

I've had no issues with the sound system until I turned it on the other day and NOTHING comes out of the speakers. No fuzz, no static, no music. Fuses are good to the factory amp and head unit. Has someone had this problem before? I'm not much of a electrical techie guy. Any help would be appreciated! Is there a way to test the head unit, or the amp to see if they are both good?

Thanks!

· Registered
8,204 Posts
****threads merged********

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.