GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's interested in a Northeast GTG event?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
WHats GTG?

But sure if it's not to far I'll try to make it.

Never mind, I figured it out.

Gm truck club, dah

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Count me in. Just depends on when, and where. It probably sounds crazy, but I have no idea how these are held. Do we just locate some spot (Foxboro Stadium...lol) where they will allow the GTG, or is there some kind of hall rental involved.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depends on how many folks there are. For a local one, I'd just pick a restraunt. If it was huge, then it might need to be tied to something like an auto show, etc.

·
Banned
163 Posts
WHats GTG?

But sure if it's not to far I'll try to make it.

Never mind, I figured it out.

Gm truck club, dah

GTG stands for "Get Together". Has become popular slang used by car clubs to simply mean a meeting or event for the members. Generally it is a car( or in this case truck ) show, cruise night, drags, etc...

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Im in

I would be in Both State GTG and regional GTG. I think we should try and include as many MOM & POP American Businesses as possable!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
OK North Easterners Lets get this ball rolling. I'm going to start a poll on what month you think you would attend a GTG.
After that poll runs about a week, we'll have another to decide on the state.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok...sorry for ressurecting this old thread, but has anything come of Steve's idea for a GTG in the Northeast? I belong to a TDI Club (Volkswagen TDI) and they do GTG's all the time. Some are hosted at members' homes, others are held at restaurants or other locations. Every year, they have a MASSIVE GTG called "TDIFest" where people from all over the country meet for several days. The organization and detail put into it is phenominal. I've not yet attended one, but plan to one day!

Anyway, back to our own GTG here....I would host one, but I don't really live in a central location! I have room here for about 8-10 trucks or so. Typically with these GTG's, each person bring something to share (food, drinks, snacks, etc), and it's a time where you can just hang out and check out each other's trucks.

With many of the TDI GTG's people also work on each other's cars if there are qualified people that volunteer to do some wrenching. I've seen them do everything from simple maintenance to timing belts, tranny/engine swaps, etc! Can get pretty involved, but the host has to have the facilities, tools, and equipment for stuff like that! I don't have facilities or tools to do any work....heck, I don't even have a paved driveway (yet!). But I do have room for a few trucks, and I wouldn't mind the opportunity to just meet other owners, hang out, and check out each others rigs. Some burgers wouldn't hurt, either!

Another cool aspect of some more involved GTG's are the friendly competitions.....like cleanest car, fastest, most modded, highest mileage, etc, etc. So who's up for a GM Truck Show n' Shine? :biggrin: I haven't been on this site long, but I've already seen some worthy contenders!

So anyway....sorry for the long post in the ressurected thread, but I just think that Steve had a great idea and that we should try to make this happen! Aside from good fellowship and conversation (and the potential of building long friendships), a GTG is a great opportunity for people to learn from others about their trucks!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
anyone planing one in the southern area?

·
Registered
82 Posts
sounds like a good idea... depends on where...lets really try for this since the meeting i tried to set up for nj got washed out. going to try for another one in may smaller car show but hey it would be nice to meet some of ya

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still plans for a GTG ?

Waiting for my burban still since I havent gotten my tax refund, but the seller is holding it for me :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wouldnt mind having a GTG in NJ
Not to many people here are interested in trucks. Its all rice burners

1 - 20 of 25 Posts