·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Sweet, but...umm....how do you get in the cab?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Now thats just silly. There is a Z71 Pickup at D&S here in Arlington that might be taller than that though, you can see it over the top of the building.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
It's pretty much been built onto a monster truck chassis. I should hope it doesn't lean back like the monster trucks do starting off, but that's about it. If I didn't know better, I'd say it has no original frame, the body was just dropped on that frame.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I guess a drive-thru coffee is out of the question too....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and drive-thru fast food and parking garages, hell there aint many places it probably could go
But just think of all the places you could go off road!:great:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Trucks like that are terrible for offroading, the only thing they are good for is mud bogs. To be good at offroading, you need to keep your center of gravity as low as possible, will having the most suspension travel and ground clearance possible. Also benificial is a narrow track and short wheelbase.

This is why we used to kick the crap out of Hummers with our little 64HP Suzuki Samurai out in the Red River Valley, Hummers were just too big and ungainly to negotiate hazards. I guarentee that this thing wouldn't be good at anything except fording the river, and the 'zuk could do that because it floated.:rofl:

There is something to be said for having a truck that is so lightweight that you can shift weight from wheel to wheel by having you passenger change seats.:great:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
needs a bigger lift.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trucks like that are terrible for offroading, the only thing they are good for is mud bogs. To be good at offroading, you need to keep your center of gravity as low as possible, will having the most suspension travel and ground clearance possible. Also benificial is a narrow track and short wheelbase.

This is why we used to kick the crap out of Hummers with our little 64HP Suzuki Samurai out in the Red River Valley, Hummers were just too big and ungainly to negotiate hazards. I guarentee that this thing wouldn't be good at anything except fording the river, and the 'zuk could do that because it floated.:rofl:

There is something to be said for having a truck that is so lightweight that you can shift weight from wheel to wheel by having you passenger change seats.:great:
I used to mock zuk's as the little 4wheeler that was just a cute oriental attempt for a job that required a more serious truck. In true American tradition, with a little ingenuity and some fresh hardware they are very capable at serious offroading. Nice thing unlike older Broncos, you can pick up a used zuk cheap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I used to mock zuk's as the little 4wheeler that was just a cute oriental attempt for a job that required a more serious truck. In true American tradition, with a little ingenuity and some fresh hardware they are very capable at serious offroading. Nice thing unlike older Broncos, you can pick up a used zuk cheap.
I stopped mocking the little zuke's a long time ago...had a friend who had 36" TSL Boggers, Isky cam, dual weber side drafts, some sorta exhaust (long time ago...can't remember), etc, etc, etc... I don't think I ever saw that little bugger stuck...slow down maybe, but not stuck. I saw it come over a hill one time with only one wheel touching! That beotch was bad!! Another friend had 33's on his, and he could hold his own as well.
So no; I don't joke 'em!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts