GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The moderators have done it again and have a new Ride of the Month. For Novemeber, they've actually gone and selected a gem from the 80's.

Jeffs89Suburban (an 89 Suburban) has been selected of course, and it has more to say about the durability and raw-workhorse nature of the Suburban than anything else. I remember the day when the Suburban ran strong carying cargo and people with something in tow to boot. Jeff's done a great job keeping his Suburban true to that spirit and she hasn't let him down.

Here's to Jeff being a great asset to this board as well. Thanks for all your hard work Jeff!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am so happy :) my Suburban has been very dependable, only repairs I have done to it, was replace the alternator right after I bought it in jan' 07. it has 192k on it as of now, has only used about a pint of oil in over 3,000 miles.
it handled towing the trailer loaded with My newly acquired 48k original 1976 Buick Electra 225 very well. it used just under 1/2 tank of gas for the approx. 200 mile round trip. it also serves well as My daily driver. true, it has a few rough edges, but it's still very dependable,and still runs very strong

thanks for voting for Me :) :great::great:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
That's keeping hope alive for those of us who use our burbs as daily drivers. Mild to wild! It's all good. Congrats!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Way to go Jeff!!!:party:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great looking Suburban! I really like to see older stuff being used and enjoyed like that............nice Buick also. Those were great old cars.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm very pleased with My suburban, it has never let me down since I've owned it.

as for My Buick, I've always loved those big Electra 225's :)

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Congrats Jeff! What's the rear gear ratio in that Sub? Great to see another oldy-but-goody rolling around on the road still.

·
Registered
87 Posts
thanks everyone!!!!

now, how do I get that ROTM icon next to my name??

LMAO i want one too man, lol. I like the old original look. Reminds me of what my g-pa use to say. " I dont see the need for flashy shi*. Everything ive ever owned has been all go no show." I love that guy, lol. Everyone should have an idle and mine is my grandpa.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts