GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I went out yesterday to take the burban for a spin and she won't start. I put the key in, turn it, everything lights but, i turn to start it and all i hear is a click from the relay...she doesn't crank. I tried changing the batteries and everything but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks allot guys

·
Registered
284 Posts
Measure the amount of elect. making it to the starter. both cables. Then you'll know what next.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My money is on a bad solenoid, at about 135,000 mine started to do that. I wen through the "JOYOUS" job of pulling the starter, I took it to a friends electric shop. To my amazement except for the solenoid the starter was in fantastic shape, he said the fuelie motors start so good that the starter last a very long time. He slapped a new one on and sent me on my way for $20!!

Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My money is on a bad solenoid, at about 135,000 mine started to do that. I wen through the "JOYOUS" job of pulling the starter, I took it to a friends electric shop. To my amazement except for the solenoid the starter was in fantastic shape, he said the fuelie motors start so good that the starter last a very long time. He slapped a new one on and sent me on my way for $20!!

Phil
Thanks, I'll check into that. Couple of my buddies recommended hittign the starter with a hammer. My one friends car's starter would kinda lock up and you would have to hit the casing. I'll check into just replacing the solenoid. I miss driving her!!!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I second the solenoid being bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I pulled the starter assembly and brought it up to Autozone to get it tested, it came back bad. But they couldn't tell if it was the starter or solinoid. Good thing was that it was a replacememt starter that my buddy had bought from autozone, so it was under warrenty and i got a new starter and solinoid for free. It was pretty easy to install too.
Now she Runs!!!!!!! :great:

Thanks again everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts