·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
WHA?

How can that be street legal? ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Street legal is no problem, trail worthy is another question. He doesnt have a front front driveshaft. Definately a mall crawler loaded with flat billers.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Where would you get a drop hitch for that thing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think towing is the last thing on his mind. Did you notice the drive shaft angle? He's gotta have vibes in that thing! Oh well, to each his own.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I dunno how that could be street legal or how it could pass inspection. The bumper is 8 feet in the air!

What does everything think a set-up like that would cost? Let's try to break it down.
Chevy Truck Parts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Springs: $800
Spring r/r hangers: $150
Spring hangers frt w/axle location accessories: $600
Extended brake lines frt/rr: $150
Front axle (looks like a Dana 44, assuming its rebuilt, has matching gears with the r/r, and new rotors): $800
Rear drive shaft (custom made w/double cardan joints): $600
Rear gear set, master install kit, and new axle seals: $550
Wheels/tires (assuming he doesnt buy new wheels just tires): $1200
Chevy Accessories

$4750 in parts

Labor cost from a shop:
Front axle placement: $2600
Rear spring swap and regear: $1000

$3600 in labor

To properly finish the job would take:
Front driveshaft: $400
Front and r/r axle locator/traction bars: $1100

Total: $10,000

All prices are from a similar job recently done at a friends shop in Grapevine Tx. on a 2007 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2x4 ext cab truck. This was the lowest price the owner could find.
GM Accessories

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
needs more lift.

A truck like that wouldnt even be fun to drive. Offroading it would be nearly impossible even if it had a front drive shaft. Other than slamming full speed into a mud pit there's not much that could be done with it. Good luck finding a trail big enough for it. People seem to be obsessed with lift and think that it is the only way they can go offroad. A friend of mine has a cherokee lifted 4.5 inches on 37's and it outwheels just about everything. I just don't see the need for all that lift.

·
Banned
372 Posts
needs more lift.

A truck like that wouldnt even be fun to drive. Offroading it would be nearly impossible even if it had a front drive shaft. Other than slamming full speed into a mud pit there's not much that could be done with it. Good luck finding a trail big enough for it. People seem to be obsessed with lift and think that it is the only way they can go offroad. A friend of mine has a cherokee lifted 4.5 inches on 37's and it outwheels just about everything. I just don't see the need for all that lift.
Compensation...lol Size matters!

·
Super Moderator
3,397 Posts
Man, I wish I had the cash to blow that this guy has. I'd have a MUCH better trail rig than that. That has no applicable purpose at all. Oh well, such it life....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts