GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in a world of hurt right now and need what's probably very easy for someone with knowledge to answer. So here goes; I have a 96 1500 Z71. I bought it an hour away from home after a 45 minute test drive. The next morning the transfer case went, the rear end was swapped but not front, so I'm out... I have the NP243C just pulled out, and happen to have a good 263 out of a 99 Suburban. It's all the same except the 263 has on different and one more plug. I have been told it IS possible to use. Just not using some wires/plug and changing one... I NEED this to work, even if only the 4x2, at least long enough to save up and buy another 243. Something about vss or something, and the other is just for indicator lights PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in a world of hurt right now and need what's probably very easy for someone with knowledge to answer. So here goes; I have a 96 1500 Z71. I bought it an hour away from home after a 45 minute test drive. The next morning the transfer case went, the rear end was swapped but not front, so I'm out... I have the NP243C just pulled out, and happen to have a good 263 out of a 99 Suburban. It's all the same except the 263 has on different and one more plug. I have been told it IS possible to use. Just not using some wires/plug and changing one... I NEED this to work, even if only the 4x2, at least long enough to save up and buy another 243. Something about vss or something, and the other is just for indicator lights PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance. Also, what if I plug nothing in and don't p
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in a world of hurt right now and need what's probably very easy for someone with knowledge to answer. So here goes; I have a 96 1500 Z71. I bought it an hour away from home after a 45 minute test drive. The next morning the transfer case went, the rear end was swapped but not front, so I'm out... I have the NP243C just pulled out, and happen to have a good 263 out of a 99 Suburban. It's all the same except the 263 has on different and one more plug. I have been told it IS possible to use. Just not using some wires/plug and changing one... I NEED this to work, even if only the 4x2, at least long enough to save up and buy another 243. Something about vss or something, and the other is just for indicator lights PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.
Hello??? Is this thing on??

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Hi, the two cases are a lot alike, the difference being the strength indicator (the 2nd digit), the 6 is a stronger case than the 4.

However, I do not know if they are interchangeable, I suspect the input and output shafts are bigger in the 263 box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts