GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, because this pickup is new to me this sound my just be because it supposed to sound like that and I don’t know any better but here it goes…:confused:

When I put the pickup in gear as accelerate I hear a “wining” gear noise from the area of the transmission in the cab of the pickup. It kind of reminds me of the sound of low range in the transfer case of my 2001 Jeep Wrangler when we were out on trails.

Is this just the sound of this transmission? Here’s the info on the pickup…

· 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
· 6.0L V8 with auto trans, 4x4
· Push button electronic transfer case (w/o auto option)

Any thoughts on this???

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Could be the trans front pump. Whats the fluid look like, brown or smells burnt? I would service the trans since you don't know the last time it was done.

·
Registered
660 Posts
This could be the result of a number of things. I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts