GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yukon Denali Ultimate 6.2L 10 speed 4WD, 2000 Suburban 2500 6.0L 4WD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving home last week & I see a yellow fog headed my way. It was ODOT headed my way painting the double yellow lines on the single lane hwy I was on. I got as far right as I could but my Suburban still got over 200,000 yellow dots on it. Even got yellow paint on my passenger side mirror. Tried to remove with a gas powered pressure washer but that didn't do anything. ODOT said to cover in petroleum jelly overnight then take to a car wash but then agreed having it professional removed at their expense would be the best option. They sent me a form that requires 2 quotes. Still waiting on the body shop quote but they said it would be $3-5K. Took it to a detail shop & they said $600.

While waiting for quotes I cleaned off the paint from the windshield for safe driving then ended up just removing all the yellow paint myself which took about 2hrs to do. Followed up with full paint correction & ceramic spray (Last Coat V2). I hand already removed most of the yellow paint off the hood in the pic below.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

Tire Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Grille Tire Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber

Here is after 10hrs of work and I haven't even messed with the yellow underside. The roof was also treated to the full paint correction & ceramic.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
17,446 Posts
I'm trying to figure out where your coming from, the spray company agree to pay to have it cleaned; yet you spent 10 hours doing it yourself.

I hope the spraying company paid you based upon the price of one of the estimates?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to figure out where your coming from, the spray company agree to pay to have it cleaned; yet you spent 10 hours doing it yourself.

I hope the spraying company paid you based upon the price of one of the estimates?
They are paying me directly, the lower quote of course. My Suburban was due for a full detail anyway which takes me 6-8hrs to do. I don't like others touching my vehicles, especially the paint. When I buy new I tell them to leave it as is then I will wash with special dewaxing soap, spray iron remover (IronX), claybar with dewaxing soap, paint correct as needed then ceramic coat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it paint or liquid plastic. I came upon a pavement marking convoy in Michigan and the sign on the back truck said, "Liquid Plastic, Do Not Cross Lines". That did not stop a few from doing that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it paint or liquid plastic. I came upon a pavement marking convoy in Michigan and the sign on the back truck said, "Liquid Plastic, Do Not Cross Lines". That did not stop a few from doing that.
It's paint sprayed at 120F so it dries quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts