GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Jimmy with stock everything right now. My 4 wheel drive is not engaging and I know my transfer case and front differential is leaking. Is that what is preventing my 4 wheel drive from engaging? they are slow leaks. Also I am looking to lift it about 2 in, find a brush guard, and more is definately going to pop into my mind. Any suggestions on how to/what to do/ so on would be much appreciated. The catch is right now I am a broke college student who is looking to prep this so when I am able to get another vehicle it won't be long until this is ready to become an off-road toy. So if you could please help. I am pretty handy in my ability to work on it by myself or with a buddy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I doubt low fluid levels in the xfer and front diff are the prob with a lack of engagement. The xfer case and diff work off of chains and gears and driveshafts, unlike the tranny where if you did have low fluid it may not pull because the clutch plates would be burning up. Sounds like you may have a front 4x4 actuator issue...

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
as for lifts, if you only want two inches and your poor go for a body lift its what I did... they are a good starting point and will run you under 200 bucks... later when you want your rig to be an off roader you need a suspension lift.... try these sites:

Rockymountainsusp.com - try this first I like this site a lot

4wheelparts.com

4wheelonline.com

truckaddons.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts