GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard that oil has hit an all time high! $75/barrel!

Anyone have any thoughts on comments on what the fallout will be in terms of gas prices?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, $3.25 is a good possibility. I have to admit that the cost of fuel HAS changed how I drive and how often I drive. No more taking any of the SUVs around just for the heck of it. I drive the little Cavilier to work m-f and the wife takes the Trailblazer to get groceries.

·
Banned
35 Posts
You guys are lucky we are paying per U.S. gallon $4.15 per to fill up my tank on the Sub just under $190.00 cdn dollars and like steve we use the cavilier for almost everything.But we won't put the Subburban out to pasture until we hit Bankruptcy maybe not even then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We have two 1999 Chevys--the Suburban and a 3/4 ton pickup. We have no fuel efficient alternative (nor would I want one). I just have to hope for lower gas prices and meanwhile we have to give up other things so we can keep on driving. At least we're not in BC, even though it is a nice place.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BC stands for Beautiful Country, that's for sure. It could also stand for a Bit Costly when it comes to fuel prices. Have to pay for the social services somehow I guess.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oil prices are all supply and demand, just like any other commodity! We need to get some of these tree huggers to back off and let us drill for oil under the rockies and also more in Alaska! Plus, it won't hurt to cut back like 3-5%. If everyone would cut back driving about 3-5% for 3 months, the prices would fall dramatically.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oil prices are all supply and demand, just like any other commodity! We need to get some of these tree huggers to back off and let us drill for oil under the rockies and also more in Alaska! Plus, it won't hurt to cut back like 3-5%. If everyone would cut back driving about 3-5% for 3 months, the prices would fall dramatically.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yesterday, I saw gas jump 10 cents in one day! Of course, these days that's only 3 percent--regular is now $3.18 here. (That makes Disneyland $140 away.) But I haven't cut down on driving.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone else noticed something?

When I go to pump gas, I can no longer watch the numbers go up incrementally. It used to be that you could see the numbers go up, $1.55, 1.56, 1.57, 1.57 ... etc. It would be fast, but you could at least see it go up in order. NOW, when I pump gas, it jumps around and I can barely see the tenths go up. $1.55, $1.65, $1.75, $1.85, etc. When it gets up to about 20 gallons of course it about $60+. That's a lot of change to spend on fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts