GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck still at the dealer they say it fixed I don't believe them we shall see wednesday morning

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Good luck!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Where is it leaking from, and is it a simple repair or a in depth issue?

G/L BTW!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So dealer drove my truck for 78miles and no leak, but its a wonder what cleaning the leak off will do. I drove it to work today round trip about 150miles and leaking again what a surprise. it's leaking in front of the bell house where transmission and motor bolt up. so if anyone has any thoughts please reply

Thanks Serg

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Try another dealer.:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will another dealer cover it if it's out of warranty because it's been a ongoing problem

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If you have all the paper work they should cover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have repaired the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil sending gasket behide the starter, transmission pump, transmission oil pan gasket, Dye in the motor 2X,
over 60 gal of my gas over 9 months and no fix.

like I said before the leak is coming from where the tranny joins the motor coming down the plastic black cover in front of bell housing no oil when I left the dealer on Wednesday morning drove it home truck sat all day thursady friday drove to work about 150miles round trip and check it when I got home and started to see oil coming out of where I mentioned above.

Any suggestions?
I' am going to try Paul Masse Chevy next, Hurd chevy isn't making the cut anymore!!!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds to me like it could be leakng from the intake manifold, those neoprene gaskets are know to leak espically in the corners. I dont even use them, I use RTV and leave them out. Or possibly the valve cover gaskets, I just repaired my oil leak which was comming from the VC gaskets, thought I had a main seal leaking until I removed the cover and it was dry in there.
From working in dealers for many years, i will say that they are hitting all the right spots, although they probably would have been farther ahead now if they would have pulled your engine and did a total reseal.
Good Luck at the new dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got off the phone with the new dealer thet can't touch it because the other dealer has been working on it so it their problem

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
two more times at the dealer new oil pan gasket, second new oil pan and new gasket and still leaking I don't know what more to do

No other dealer will touch it because of all the repairs even when it's under warranty

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
This sounds like a job for the Ask GM Customer Service here on the site.

We have another guy from Coventry RI on this site. He ought to come over to your house and fix it for ya! I hear he is a genius.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I 'am working with GM customer service already so far no fix and if you know the other guy from Coventry look him up please

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Sounds to me like it could be leakng from the intake manifold, those neoprene gaskets are know to leak espically in the corners. I dont even use them, I use RTV and leave them out. Or possibly the valve cover gaskets, I just repaired my oil leak which was comming from the VC gaskets, thought I had a main seal leaking until I removed the cover and it was dry in there.
I gotta go with Bigg Ron on this one. The rear of the intake manifold leaks whether you use gaskets or silicone sealer on them. Then it runs down between the engine block & the trans bellhousing making it appear like it's the rear crank seal or the rear pan gasket/seal. That's about all that's left that they haven't tried to repair yet.
Serg, why don't you reach down behind the intake manifold & firewall, touch the joint between the mani & the engine block & see if it's wet. If it is, this is about the only thing that is that high that could be leaking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi sorry im 3 months behind, but My suburban is doing the same thing as your car. Did you ever check around the back of the Intake manifold and find a leak there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts