GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that when I start from a dead stop, my oil preasure gauge goes from the 30, where it is supposed to be, down to almost 0 and then back up to 30. Is it supposed to do that, or is there something wrong? :confused:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
C'mon you can tell us......the oil was low eh?:biggrin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it was low. I didn't think that was the problem at first because I don't have any oil leaks even when I had the right amount of oil in the engine.

So, if I am loosing oil and it is not leaking out, does that mean I am burning it?

If I am burning it, how can I fix the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar Problem

I have just purchased a 2003 Suburban. I really like it. Before purchasing the vehicle, I did have it checked out by a mechanic and everything checked good.

However, just in the last day, I noticed a similar problem. The pressure starts off normal, but drops to almost 0 after about 30 minutes of driving. The oil level is good. Any thoughts? I have not changed the oil yet, but maybe the last oil change had the wrong weight (could this be)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.