GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that when I start from a dead stop, my oil preasure gauge goes from the 30, where it is supposed to be, down to almost 0 and then back up to 30. Is it supposed to do that, or is there something wrong? :confused:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
C'mon you can tell us......the oil was low eh?:biggrin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it was low. I didn't think that was the problem at first because I don't have any oil leaks even when I had the right amount of oil in the engine.

So, if I am loosing oil and it is not leaking out, does that mean I am burning it?

If I am burning it, how can I fix the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar Problem

I have just purchased a 2003 Suburban. I really like it. Before purchasing the vehicle, I did have it checked out by a mechanic and everything checked good.

However, just in the last day, I noticed a similar problem. The pressure starts off normal, but drops to almost 0 after about 30 minutes of driving. The oil level is good. Any thoughts? I have not changed the oil yet, but maybe the last oil change had the wrong weight (could this be)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
found it

The problem turned out to be the gauge. Amazing, all of this gadgetry to tell you what is wrong and the gadgetry goes bad.

Oh well, could have been worse. I'm happy :biggrin:

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts