GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had installed only one of my new CCFL halo projectors as the damn Arizona wind had blown on of the boxes over that contained the retaining clip for the H1 bulb and it was lost somewhere in the desert.

But that problem ihas been resolved and I also received the new H1 35watt 8000K HID bulbs to replace the H11 HID bulbs I had. I did have to cut off the stock bulb connector off the H11 HID lights and replace the H1 stock connectors on the new H1 HID bulbs but all of the connections to the ballast were universal.

Thats really my only gripe with these projectors...I wish Spyder Auto had used the same bulb as the OEM .....I wouldnt have had to trash the H11 HID bulbs I had!

View attachment 27635 View attachment 27636 View attachment 27637 View attachment 27634

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Damn man that sucks. That does look good with the projector's on though even though u had to change from h11 to h1 bulb's! I know my projector's are H11 say's it on the outer lens just like the stock ones so that shouldn't be a problem. The 8,000k look good i bought the 10,000k they have been slow shipping they are scheduled to arrive wednesday along with my new nerf steps i had to order cause other ones were damaged and getting full refund for the other ones. Take some pic's when it get's kinda dark so can really see the color man! I will purchase the 9005 high beams sometime just not worried at this point but i'm gonna go with the 15,000k almost too bright!

·
Registered
128 Posts
How did that affect your HIDs? Brighter or what? I was thinking about getting a set of projectors.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think Projector's are way better than the stock one's a lil bit brighter and the look is the best thing they look damn good to me i love mine. I have the 10,000k low beam's for mine will be in wednesday shoulda had them before now but they had to order me some! I will post pic's wednesday or thursday for sure depending on what time they come in! I will be getting a buddy to install them at his shop for pretty much nothin because i'm not all that good with electrical so want even take the chances. I installed 6,000k halogen bulb's on my girl friend's 2006 Nissan Altima and it was a pain to install them i got it done but it's the way they made them allot of uncommon ways to doing things compared to chevy. They look brighter but it's not a hid kit i got the bulb's just low beams for $23 that's about all i can do when it comes close enough to electrical lol!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn man that sucks. That does look good with the projector's on though even though u had to change from h11 to h1 bulb's! I know my projector's are H11 say's it on the outer lens just like the stock ones so that shouldn't be a problem. The 8,000k look good i bought the 10,000k they have been slow shipping they are scheduled to arrive wednesday along with my new nerf steps i had to order cause other ones were damaged and getting full refund for the other ones. Take some pic's when it get's kinda dark so can really see the color man! I will purchase the 9005 high beams sometime just not worried at this point but i'm gonna go with the 15,000k almost too bright!
Here they are at night.

View attachment 27675

How did that affect your HIDs? Brighter or what? I was thinking about getting a set of projectors.
I cant really tell if they are brighter...the light scatter is reduced. I havent been flipped off yet but time will tell. The projectors seem to help in that area. I wasnt sure if I was going to like the Halo/projector look but it has grown on me. :glasses:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Looks good to me man. I wish that your company you bought your headlights from Spyder didn't have it that way to have to change bulb's. I know for a fact mine don't change i did my reasearch online so i'm good to go ha. I noticed it did say it would handle HID's without getting to Hott up to 8,000k. I bought the 10,000 but really i don't think its gonna make a difference in heat to be honest but i will know wednesday when i get them installed along with my nerf steps. I will take pic's right before it get's dark so you can see them better without just being a bright light you will also be able to see the halo's and everything!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good to me man. I wish that your company you bought your headlights from Spyder didn't have it that way to have to change bulb's. I know for a fact mine don't change i did my reasearch online so i'm good to go ha. I noticed it did say it would handle HID's without getting to Hott up to 8,000k. I bought the 10,000 but really i don't think its gonna make a difference in heat to be honest but i will know wednesday when i get them installed along with my nerf steps. I will take pic's right before it get's dark so you can see them better without just being a bright light you will also be able to see the halo's and everything!
I dont think the color of the bulb makes a difference as far as heat goes - its the ballast wattage. Mine will work with a 35W ballast only, which I think a majority of ballast are.

So if your ballast is 35w you can do any bulb you like pretty much. I think the larger you go up the scale i.e 8000K the more blue the light is and not more heat.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Nice projectors. They have a nice clean look.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Exactly SSTONER911 idk why but i was online looking at reviews to see what Hid's i could run in my truck and brought up a article about my projector's and said they bascially plug and play to the headlights that it's very simple if you have experience and will not affect anything when running hid's up to 8,000k and mine are 10,000k but like you said that's just being more blue the higher the K. I didn't really know that until not too long ago ha. I think my Hid's might come in tomorrow along with my Nerf Steps they will def be here but on UPS say's only got 1 Business day left but haven't updated where they were at from the 28th but will def. take pic's!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I know allot of people say that say a 15,000k hid kit isn't bright it's a dark blue i think they are partially wrong. They are def. gonna be brighter than the stock bulb's or halogens i believe. The thing is the hid's look brighter also being the person in front of someone with the hids lol! I was thinking about doing 15,000k in my high beams but will be too blue for me i have the 10,000k that i'm installing today but might order another set of 10,000k for high beams to match since there color output would be the same i guess it would make better since ha.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I like them, they are a really good looking aftermarket headlamp, they look much better than the stock lamps. I think a lot of the projectors out there look a little "ricey", I haven't seen any for my truck ('03-'07 classic) that look anywhere near as good as those.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey man my Notto Se Hid Kit 10,000k low beams came in today but want be able to put them on until next week or so have training with the army this weekend and gotta get ready for that ha. The bulb's are 35w norm so i guess i want have a problem of cutting out anything and changing bulb's like you did with your projector's which is good no hassle ha. I like the way your projector's look but like you having to change out bulb's kinda sucks but i'm sure you paid allot less than i did for mine i paid $385 for mine they are the ccfl Halo projector's Black with side reflector's they look a lil different than your's but mostly look the same. I'm ready to get my hid's hooked up and see what they look like at night! I will post pic's whenever i install them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts