GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im gonna get my burb to 300+ HP..... i raced a modded focus ZX3 and he was behind me the whole time and the only thing i have on my burb is exhaust.... now where i wanted to start is getting one of those 14 x5 k&n air cleaners, then a Hypertech Chip, then maybe get the stock heads ported and polished and then the intake the same... maybe some apc decals lol j/k... where should i go from there i dont wanna do any forced induction or spray... its already 210 stock and i dont know what it is with the exhaust...

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
wow, sounds cool. Better lower your burb if you want to go fast, it doesn't take corners very well.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
im gonna get my burb to 300+ HP..... i raced a modded focus ZX3 and he was behind me the whole time and the only thing i have on my burb is exhaust.... now where i wanted to start is getting one of those 14 x5 k&n air cleaners, then a Hypertech Chip, then maybe get the stock heads ported and polished and then the intake the same... maybe some apc decals lol j/k... where should i go from there i dont wanna do any forced induction or spray... its already 210 stock and i dont know what it is with the exhaust...
c'mon go for 1 hp per cube....go for 350hp
300 should be no problem.

When you say exhaust, does that include headers?

I would say a nice roller cam, and roller rockers will free up some hp quite nicely, and combined with your other plans will put you up in the 300's easy.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Air entering the motor and exiting the motor is an excellent start. So heads are a natural. Stay away from piston and compression changes (unless its getting tired) They usually don't give you enough bang for the buck. Sounds like you've kinda got the idea. Your right too, staying away from spray is not a good idea. Things tend to go BOMB, leaving you with an even bigger bill. IMO

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
no no headers till a week from now... longtubes ftw!!!

btw you should've seen the ricer focus' kids face when he got ran by a suburban
Sorry to any normal focus owners, but most of them are retards.

When I had my '01 Ranger, one of my co-workers had the zx2 focus, and kept trying to race me all the time. One day we were both at the toll booth on NH101 out by the seacoast, and I noticed that they tried gunning it away. I wasted that little focus. No more race attempts after that for some reason.:lol:

I still don't understand why they think they've got fast cars, modified or not. It's still a focus.:rules:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saleen makes one that is a 2 Fast 2 Furious dream.. its a focus zx3 with an ugly body kit and a nitrous bottle... but heres the puny part of it, the nitrous can't be used or the warranty is voided!!!! hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Saleen makes one that is a 2 Fast 2 Furious dream.. its a focus zx3 with an ugly body kit and a nitrous bottle... but heres the puny part of it, the nitrous can't be used or the warranty is voided!!!! hahahahaha
Hey look at me... I've got nitrous.:happy: But I can't use it.:frown: I paid good money for this setup, and it's useless.

I'm guessing that even if someone did use the Nos, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Poor little car would fall apart.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That's too funny. Too oblivious to realize he's an idiot.:lol:

Whoops....I'm getting a little out of line.

Disclaimer:The feelings, and opinions expressed by myself as a moderator of the GMTruckClub.com do not necessarily, nor accurately reflect those the GMTruckClub.com, it's members, it's administrator, or my fellow moderators.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
yea whoops lol i didnt mean to start a rice bashing party... but anyway btw.. is 300 HP a big rush from 210 HP?
I think you'll go over 300hp easy. Just depends on what you do to get there.

There are some pretty easy mods out there to free up some hp.

Swap out the engine driven fan for a dual electric setup.
Swap out stamped steel rocker arms for roller rockers.
Headers, and intake are kind of obvious.
Swap ECU chip for power programmed ECU chip
Swap out existing pullies, and get under driven ones.
Swap out engine driven water pump for electric water pump, or get electric driver.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

This thread is not going get the attention it deserves if it gets lost.

Anyone else have some input?

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
It's looking like I'm gonna hve to rebuild mine in the relativley near future, and I've decided that I wnat to turn it into a torque monster, since I have little intrest in going over 80mph, but I'll start another thread for that... I would have to agree that it should be pretty easy to get 300+ horsies out of your 350 without tuching the internals. I'm sure that you could swap out the TBI (if so equipped) with a nice sized Holley carb or the likes to get some extra fuel dumping into the motor. I don't know how you could mod a TBI to increase fuel input. Might as well if you're gonna swap/port the heads. Have fun, and don't kill yourself. Finally, always rembmer the golden rule... For every horsepower you put in the motor, put at least twice as much stopping power for each horse in the brakes ;)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
OK, enough with the "F" words

Ahhh......the good old days of showing the competition the exhaust pipe! Today I'm happy to just cruise down the road and hope to spot the speed demons in time to get the heck outta their way. In my younger days I thought I was such a great driver....now I think it was just that most folks got outta my way. Nothing changes if nothing changes.....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Finally, always rembmer the golden rule... For every horsepower you put in the motor, put at least twice as much stopping power for each horse in the brakes ;)
Excellent point.

With regard to your comment about modding the TBI. He could go with the holley MPFI But at that cost, you may not see any worth while hp gains.
It does claim to make hp gains, but again at over $2k, I'm sure you'd have more fun with a supercharger.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts