GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running Nitto Mud Grappler 33's are giving me some trouble on using my OnStar phone. I was thinking about taking the mic out and moving it to right over the drivers seat and maybe using a better mic.

Has anyone done mods to their Onstar Mic?

No idea where to start but it's got to be possible!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Your mudders are that noisy? You may have to get a headset

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People are saying they can't hear me clearly when I'm going down the highway using the Onstar Phone. There's no way to use a headset that I know of, I figured if I can just take the Mic out of that top console and move it right over my head it should work with no problem. I pulled the console down and found the Mic on the left side where the little holes are, it just clicks in easy enough. I just need to splice it I guess and make it the length I need to move it around and make it closer to my mouth.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
ok I got ya. I thought the tire noise was cancelling out your hearing them too. That should work, & maybe just clip the mic to the sun visor. Strange that it only affects the transmission & not the reception.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sir, I can hear them just fine, it goes through my sound system as loud as I want. I've been trying to make sure that what I think is the mic actually is but I can't find a diagram or parts list on Onstar. Any idea where I can find one?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I'd stick with your original plan then & just extend the wires on your current mic. I don't know much about speakers & mics but they have to match the unit & a new mic might not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After reading the few mods, people have been trying to make the mic work for bluetooth voice activation. But they're saying it's static and pops, I emailed the manufacturuer of the mic itself, maybe they'll have some insight. All I want is a 2ft length instead of 4 inches but I guess I'm the only guy wanting to move the OnStar mic because my mudders and exhaust are to loud for it to work now...

That's what I get for Redneck'n my truck LoL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts