GM Truck Club Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I see you have a chip coming, good luck! 馃
Thanks, Peter!

I am still going to learn the data logging to "see" what is happening when it kicks into open loop.

I think that is important!

I am watching a ton of tutorial videos and trying to understand all the calibration parameters and values....

I am sure I will have questions once I get started.

Thanks for all your help it is truly appreciated!

(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Your original chip is an EPROM (probably a 27Cxxx?) which needs to be erased with UV light then "burned" with the new .bin. Sometimes, while erasing or burning it'll fail and you'll need another chip (they're not being made anymore either). It's old school where not many guys have the equipment (Dave w still does, I think) The 27SF512 is an EEPROM flash chip where you can flash the new .bin as many times as you want.

Yeah, there's all kinds of info out there. You need to configure your device manager in windows to correspond with TP
With your ALDL cable connected to your laptop (it doesn't need to be hooked up to the truck), click on "Tools/Preferences/Data Acq./Emulation tab. Click on Configure Plug-in Component and ensure you have these selections with the same com port as your lap top.
View attachment 169867

Too bad you have a 7060 PCM, I have a 7747 with a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket soldered in it to accept the SST 27SF512 flash chip, 6 chips, and the Moates Burn2 but, I don't wanna break up the set. You may be able to find some equipment on gearhead-efi "Buy-Sell-Trade" forum.

Thanks!
I connected the cable and was able to get my first data log!
I had to have the truck running and then restart turner pro a few times before I got the sync'd connection.
I had just reset the IAC and the computer at hot idle and went for a 5 minute drive.
The data log is `28 seconds in length.
It kicks into open loop @16 seconds at idle.
Is this the calibration value that is forcing open loop at idle?

Here is the dash display in closed loop just before kicking into open loop:

Here is the dash display when it kicked into open loop

Here is the dash just after kicking into open loop:

Any comments/replies appreciated!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks!
I connected the cable and was able to get my first data log!
I had to have the truck running and then restart turner pro a few times before I got the sync'd connection.
I had just reset the IAC and the computer at hot idle and went for a 5 minute drive.
The data log is `28 seconds in length.
View attachment 169907 .

Here is the dash display in closed loop just before kicking into open loop:
View attachment 169905

Here is the dash display when it kicked into open loop

Here is the dash just after kicking into open loop:
View attachment 169906

Any comments/replies appreciated!
I went ahead and ordered the Burn2 and GP1 adapter, and the HDR1!
Ordered the GP1 and the HDR1 from Moates.
For the Burn2, Moates is on backorder until 8/31, so I looked around and found only 1 vendor that had it in stock.

Registered
That and probably other conditions. See what your new calibration looks like. You s/b able to get different readouts on your dash board by right clicking on it and selecting others so you're not repeating dials. I prefer the digital dash too. On the upper left where it says "Day Dash" you can select others.

All I see right now is your O2 is showing lean when in CL and rich when in OL. Maybe try a log with the monitors graphed so you can see exactly what happens when it switches to OL?

Play with it a while to see how powerful this program really is - enjoy!

Registered
All I see right now is your O2 is showing lean when in CL and rich when in OL. Maybe try a log with the monitors graphed so you can see exactly what happens when it switches to OL?
agree - something along these lines so you can see if it鈥檚 trying to control and o2 is responding, you can also see when flags like open/close loop occur in relation to what鈥檚 going on in monitor. this example was cold start idle going into closed loop (or trying and failing to go into closed loop, I don鈥檛 remember)
Good luck! You are officially disappearing down the rabbit hole!
43F42D71-7FBC-4CDC-8CFD-F7C6B0AB0FEB.png

41 - 45 of 45 Posts