GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Growing up my brother and I really loved the Corvette, but we've not had the ability or the timing to get one.

Corvette Roll Call
Who's got a vette on this site and what year do you have?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've never had one but really want to someday. I've had alot of other Chevy muscle..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Not yet. I'll have a ZR1 once I win the OnStar contest. :) My Dad had a 61 or a 62 and drove it from Philly to Cali. Put $100 down and hid it from the repo men for a few months until he decided to let them have it. You don't see too many of those around.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i would love to own one, i rented this one for 2 days and brought it back with the tires looking like slicks

·
Registered
527 Posts
That sounds like a good time. What did that run you and who rents Vettes?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I drove a 02 Z06 Saturday at work. LS1 and a 6 speed is a nice combo. Maybe one day I'll get one, lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
I do miss that bout working at a dealership... Use to work at Wheeler Chevy in Marshfield oh so long ago lol...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out the 2012 100 year anniversary Corvette !!! I'm in love! it matches my Silverado. Even my custom interior lol.. Match made in heaven! No MSRP's yet. But they will come in every model, coupe, Z06, and ZR1. So sexy!!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I traded a 2004 C5 Z06 for my Silverado SS. I had to move to WA from TN and couldn't PCS in a 2 seater with 3 people plus clothes ect... That was a very sad day for me :( I seriously cried

·
Registered
201 Posts
Loved them as a kid, seriously. Down here they're mostly seen as a mid life crisis vehicles, and since I'm about _that_age_ I've lately found myself spending quite some time browsing Vettes that are for sale..

-J

·
Registered
954 Posts
I never had one but my dad had a 66 Corvette Stingray convertible. It had side pipe with 427 emblems but it only had a 327 with a wild cam. Still no one knew the difference.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Want one but don't see it happening real soon, my brother had a '67 Stingray 427 convertible, maroon with a black hood and factory sidepipes. Man was it ever loud, failed Maryland inspection at the dealer for being too loud! Car wasn't all original though, it was 390 horse car but we found out during an engine rebuild that it was a 435 horse motor that had been put in!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Want one but don't see it happening real soon, my brother had a '67 Stingray 427 convertible, maroon with a black hood and factory sidepipes. Man was it ever loud, failed Maryland inspection at the dealer for being too loud! Car wasn't all original though, it was 390 horse car but we found out during an engine rebuild that it was a 425 horse motor that had been put in!
That's a nice surprise!!! I was going to get a used C5 back in '06 but went with GTO 6.0 instead. It was very strong and the price was awesome. I put some JBA shorties, K&N filter, Coras sport cat back and a custom tune and put down 396 to the rear. Still wish I got the C5........

·
Registered
830 Posts
As a recent college grad i dont have the funds for one but one day i will! But I grew up with a granddaddy that had a few corvettes throughout his life, mostly just 3rd gen. I was just not old enough to drive them :grrrrrr:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
ChromeSilver02, you are not too far from me. I am off of Hwy 84 just outside of Monroe.

·
Registered
830 Posts
ChromeSilver02, you are not too far from me. I am off of Hwy 84 just outside of Monroe.
Yea man I have been down 84 plenty of times. I am up near Lake Twitty, I went to college up at UNC Charlotte, but I must I admit I try minimize my trips through Monroe :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lets keep this thread moving....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm on my second Vette. The first one was a '95 Torch Red Coupe and now I have a '04 LeMans Blue Commerative Edition coupe in the garage. Its all good!

·
Registered
5 Posts

On my third Corvette. First was a 1964 Riverside Red "fuelie" coupe (wish I still had it!!!) Second was a 1999 Torch Red coupe (my first brand new Corvette), and now I have a 2003 Anniversary Edition six-speed coupe. This one will probably be the last one, as my 2005 2500HD and my 34ft fifth wheel are the preferred method of long, distance/duration travelling.
IF I can figure out how to insert a picture, I will......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts