GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given an overhead console that fits my 2006 Chevy Silverado. It is the one that has the sunglass/eyewear compartment and 2 adjustable map type lights.
I have no idea how to put it in, but it looks like it would be easy. I was wondering if ayoe knows how I can install it or go somewhere on the net where I can find out. I also need to know if the wires that I need to connect it to is in the the truck already (my brother told me that most of the wires to upgrade the chevy vehicles are already installed) Is this true and how do I install the console.
It would be a great help if someone could dirrect me to where it is in writing or could be told how to do it.
I would be in great debit to whomever could help me.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I've never done this, but have thought about an upgrade for my TB. It can't be very difficult, but you'll have to do some cutting/mods of the headliner to get it to fit I'll bet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
O/H console

The overhead console has 2 clips in the back and 1 screw in the front middle in my 03 Silverado and then it has a power and ground wire for power to the domer's you might have to remove the head liner and see if the recievers for the two clips are in the roof before cutting the headliner

Hope this Helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O/H console

This is the most info I've gotten and is well recieved. As soon as warmer weather comes again I'll give it my best and let everyone know.
Thanks to robotic_t and Steve for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts