GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced, first with denso, code kept popping back up, replaced with ac-delco, from dealer, code pops up again. Any ideas as to why?

On 1996, chevy silverado k1500, with 5.0L(305cui) vortec. Has 4 sensors, bank1sensor1, bank1sensor2, bank1sensor3, bank2sensor1. Only bank1sensor2, and bank1sensor3, are not reading proper voltage fluctuations in live data mode on my code reader, haynes repair manual used to find out what the readings should be on a properly operating o2 sensor. Manual says if the voltage reading is steady, or only moves a little bit, the sensor is faulty. 4 sensors now, including the ac-delco, are all showing the same voltage readings. Not even proper voltage to start, then eventually not, right after installing them, they show improper voltage readings. Ugh. Hopefully this is clear enough, i am exhausted. Please, anybody, who can help, please do? Thank you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
did you check wiring harness for cuts and breaks, might be a short in the circuit, get a wiring diagram and check that circuit , something is pulling down voltage to ground

·
Registered
420 Posts
i didnt send this service bulletin from vw , dont know how it got on there, what i sent was a wiring diagram of the oxygen sensor circuit, well anyway , if you have a low voltage code it means you have a wiring issue not a bad sensor, you need to look for breaks or bare wires

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
i didnt send this service bulletin from vw , dont know how it got on there, what i sent was a wiring diagram of the oxygen sensor circuit,
Yeah, I saw it first hand you posted a wiring diagram for the O2 sensor, and put a like on it.
Then RPO code showed up and then this. What's happening? It's probably hacked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts