GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's i have been looking online and found some PaceSetter Shorty headers for $226 bucks which isn't bad but they are the Black painted one's. I have heard that the paint burn's off soon as you start the engine so i'm gonna make sure i have some Black high temp. paint ready to touch them up before putting them on so they want just burn off.

Also which is the difference in long tube and short tube header's i'm not too familiar? Anyone who can help me the help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Let the paint completely burn off before you paint them, or sand blast them. I hand sanded them and painted them with eastwood high temp paint, but I did not get the black paint completely off. Within weeks the silver paint flaked off because the black paint is only used to prevent the shorties from rusting.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Here's a link, it helps choosing headers. Hope this helps. http://www.summitracing.com/expertadvice/storydetail/howtos/How-to-Choose-The-Right-Headers/

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Save your money for long tube headers, DynaTech, AmericanRacingHeaders or StainLessWorks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
One pro for shorties, they are a good cheap replacement for leaking manifolds.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just looking around ha just seemed like a good price i heard that Doug Thorley headers are really nice i like them allot but they are like $550 bucks and they are long tube. I have just been looking online this week figuring out what all i wanna do to my truck before i'm done lol it's allot of stuff and will have the Black nerf steps on soon thinking about the N Fab or Go Rhino idk which one's?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hey guy's i have been looking online and found some PaceSetter Shorty headers for $226 bucks which isn't bad but they are the Black painted one's. I have heard that the paint burn's off soon as you start the engine so i'm gonna make sure i have some Black high temp. paint ready to touch them up before putting them on so they want just burn off.

Also which is the difference in long tube and short tube header's i'm not too familiar? Anyone who can help me the help would be appreciated thanks!
I wasnt really looking to go all out with long tubes so i did buy a set of the Pacesetter Shorties. I did see an improvement in sound,performance, and gas mileage. Even my wife noticed the performance change and all she knows id she gets in her truck and it runs.

I got in a hurry to get them on so I installed them with the black paint on....it does burn off in a few days....I will paint them one day...here in Arizona I am not too worried about rust.

Besides swapping my 3.23 gears for 4.11's..... it was the best $226 I ever spent. Pacesetter is in Phoenix so when i ordered from AutoAnything I had them in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man Autoanything is the best site by far on the cheapest price's and how fast the shipping is and it's free also. I believe i'll go with the Pacesetter header's sometime soon along with a x pipe with my flowmaster 40 series true duals along with the k&n air filter then to come a programmar and it will be rollin ha

·
Registered
177 Posts
i just recently put a set of pacesetter shorties on my truck two days ago... so far the paints still on but i havent really run the truck long enough for he paint to stay hot enough to burn off yet. but i know it will based off my friends truck with a set of them on it. any after market header is going to be better than your stock manifolds...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just ordered the same set wed! To bad itll be middle of august b4 i find out how good they sound and how good the performance is! I like shortys better because it bolts up to the existing stuff I dont wanna have to re do the chevy tune again i have done put like 4 mufflers on already!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah man i think i'm gonna go with the Long Tubes i found some for $274 so pretty cheap and good name brand. Don'y i have to buy like a y pipe for the header's i'm not really familiar with them?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I dont think you need to do a y pipe with the true duals. I could be wrong though. should just have to have a muffler shop go from the collectors of the headers to the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i wasn't sure ha just trying to make sure i got everything i will need!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts