GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I paid $224 for a pair of black Pacesetter Shorties from AutoAnything. I didnt realize Pacesetter are out of Phoenix so it took one day to get them delivered!

The black paint they put on them is only to protect the metal while the headers are sitting on the shelf and they tell you this up front. I was anxious to get them on so didnt worry to much about spraying them with VHT, plus I needed to burn off that black paint!

I did notice a difference...truck is more responsive and there was a change in the sound...little more growl :glasses:

For the money and what noticeable changes I can see... it accomplished what I wanted. Now I need to paint them!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Niceeee. A set of headers are on my list of upgrades haha.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
No broken studs as you pulled them?? asking due to the common GM manifold problems

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was the install pretty easy?? No leaks??
No leaks...I had a shop where I buy some of my aftermarket parts from install it. It took them 4 hours...which means it may have taken me longer!!

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

lets see some pics
Ill try to take some tomorrow...I am changing my front brake pads out tomorrow so I will shoot some pics.

No broken studs as you pulled them?? asking due to the common GM manifold problems
I asked him if they had any problems and he said no...although he did say the NBS trucks are a pain the arse when it comes to headers. He did say that bolts often break or are difficult to remove.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I keep thinking about a set of headers, but I live in the salty Midwest and make a ton of short trips. Don't think they would last very long.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep thinking about a set of headers, but I live in the salty Midwest and make a ton of short trips. Don't think they would last very long.
Ya here in Arizona they are going to be exposed to very little rain and no salty roads. I am going to try and paint them maybe but i figure even if i dont I should get my $224 out of them.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
They should last a few years. especially if you dont have a body lift and the splash guards in place and just rinse them occasionally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts