GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing the plugs and wires on my burb today and the plastic heater hose adapter "heater water valve" pictured in this diagram as #1 disintegrated when I moved it aside... Leaving the heater hoses dangling and dripping :mad:... I have looked online for the part and product number to order a replacement but cannot seem to find it... Anyone know the part number and a good online parts vendor that has a complete list of parts ?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
i had to goto the junk yard as well ine leaked real bad. this part can be bypassed untill you get a replacement. i used some PVC pipe as connectors. this same diverter part is found in the mini vans as well. it stops the flow of hot water to the heaterbox allowing a drop in the heaterbox temp and is supose to make the ac colder.i did not see any difference with the part out and hot water flowing all the time.......mike

·
1,552 Posts
Most of the time, I've heard that part referred to as a "heater control valve"

Autozone's website lists one for my K1500 Sub. I don't know if your K2500 uses a different valve than mine, but I expect they could get it if it does. You could also try napaonline.com or partsamerica.com.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Info

Thanks, I just re-patched the hoses using standard 3/4" (brass) connectors since I could not find the OEM parts anywhere and those plastic things literaly fell apart in my hand... Geeze, I thought my race car was hard to find parts for :lol:

PS: can anyone ID the location of the MAP sensor ? I subscribe to the online DIY service, but they only show a graphical display of its appearance, not it's location inside the engine bay.:surprised:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
On top right of engine near the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On top right of engine near the fuel injectors.
I just found this textual description at alldatadiy, but no graphical view...
"Mass Air Flow (MAP) Sensor At Air Intake Duct, near Air Filter, RH of Engine" and this description points my eyes directly at something that looks nothing like this diagram of the MAP sensor... This item looks more like a MAF sensor not the MAP sensor... I would guess this is a misprint on their part...

And this is what alldatadiy says about the location of the fuel injectors "Fuel Injectors In Intake Manifold" :lol: No kidding guys... oh well, I'll look around again... :sarcastic:

Thanks for your help guys... I bought this thing at an auction about a month ago for $4,000 and it needs some maintenance, was neglected for many years... It's a '98 K2500 7.4L 4X and I plan on getting it back into fighting shape :great:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts