GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Chevy burb 1500 with about 95K miles on it. About 3 weeks ago the front passenger window would not roll down from either the driver or passenger control. A couple of days later it worked. Now it doesn't work and hasn't for about a week and a half so I don't expect it to anymore. I haven't taken the door panel off to investigate yet and thought I would see if anyone had a similar experience or suggestion. I haven't taken the door panel off on this vehicle before and I'm hoping not to take it to the dealer in pieces. I tried giving the window "The Fonz" bump with my fist but that didn't work either and no the window lock is not engaged. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds to me that u need a lift motor. If u are mechanicely inclined it is not to hard to do. might have to drill out rivits and replace with screws. thats what i ahd to do with my 93.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A co-worker had the exact same problem. It turned out to be the motor. It's not hard to replace and it's cheap if you do it yourself. Just buy a Haynes manual, the motor from the local Autozone and a 12 pack and you are in business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts