GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done any tuning to their vehicles?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading the profile on my work truck's PCM, but the $$$ for a truck that isn't mine kinda sucks, especially since they retire them at 100k, and I'm at 71k adding 2500 miles per month. It won't be long before I may be driving one of the F150's that have been sitting around the lot at work.:eek: I had tried to use a friends Hypertech when I found out you are limited to one vehicle at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I tuned mine with the Hypertech tuner. I am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My JET programmer should be in shortly...I'm hopeful.
:grrrrrr:
The Jet programmer they sent me apparently was an older version and needed an update. Jet wanted me to send it back to them and they would send me a new one. I said no thanks and am returning it to JCWhitney for a refund. Hypertech is looking better and better.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've had a Hypertech, Superchips Flashpaq, and now, a custom tune from Wait4Me loaded on a SCT Handheld unit.

After a custom tune, you'll never go with an off-the-shelf tuner again. :)

·
Banned
372 Posts
I've got the Hypertech Hyperpac touch screen programmer. I love it other than the fact that they do not have all the features functional as of right now. I have to take it to Hypertech and get them to individually program mine as I have the 8.1L and they dont have many of those from what they told me.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
omegafiler I've had a Hypertech, Superchips Flashpaq, and now, a custom tune from Wait4Me loaded on a SCT Handheld unit.

After a custom tune, you'll never go with an off-the-shelf tuner again.
I've been looking into a custom tune but can't find anyone locally. How were these people to deal with and around how much for the SCT and tunes. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts