GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm no expert when it comes to vehicles. but i'm a quick learner when it comes to DIY projects
and saving a quick buck. I recently replaced my alternator for my 2006 GMC envoy following some youtube DIY videos.
Vehicle ran perfectly fine with no issues after installation.However two days later i've been having internal lighting
issues where the dash lights would flicker/dim in and out.and headlight would somewhat do the same.
Went to my local auto zone for a test and they claimed it was the battery, luckily a family relative had a spare battery.
In the middle of installing the new battery I noticed a red wire that was detached from the fuse box I believe this to be the culprit.
Upon reinstalling the cable and the new battery i turn on the vehicle to see my issue still persists. I've found a diagram showing the exact loose ground cable
which i highlighted in red.

Rectangle Organism Font Art Parallel

Any thoughts on this matter would be much appreciated

·
Registered
16,031 Posts
That red wire isn't used unless you install an electric trailer brake in the cab.

Let me see if I can find something to help you with the flicker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would suspect a loose connection. Start at the battery and then the alternator. If those are all snug, then you can start looking at wiring diagrams and seeing what's on what circuit and narrowing it down.

It's good if you can jiggle things around and catch it in the act too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts