GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a Pepboys employee i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the complany, Service department or Retail? Im not bias in anyway shape or form. Its a paycheck and a good one i might add, lol. But was just wondering because it is a nation wide company and alot of people go there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Absolutely horrible service experience three times running, I will never go back.

1. I had the alternator replaced on my old 240SX, and they put the battery terminal bolts in backwards so that they wouldn't tighten down the whole way. I didn't find this out until it rattled off in the middle of the highway during rush hour.

2. I bought a new battery, and they did the install. It took them two hours, and when I got there, they checked me out, and I went out to find that the car didn't start. They had re-installed the old battery out of another car into mine.

3. Got the oil changed, and they left the drain plug out. I got a new motor out of that one.

These were at three different shops, so I can't say it was just because one shop was bad.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
When I was on Active Duty I would rely on Pep Boys to do "emergency repairs" on our cars if I was deployed. I never had a problem with their work, but I did make a point of befriending one of the better mechanics at each Pep Boys I used and made sure that was the only mechanic that worked on my car.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
We don't have Pepboys up here.:no:

I guess its a love/hate thing...People love to hate Cable companys too.

·
Registered
533 Posts
We don't have Pepboys up here.:no:

I guess its a love/hate thing...People love to hate Cable companys too.
pepboys are the us version of Canadian tire they both suck when it comes to mechanics :)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
pepboys are the us version of Canadian tire they both suck when it comes to mechanics :)
Oh I see. I stay away from Canadian Tire repairs too. I like specialty shops anyway.

·
Registered
533 Posts
yah same here ...at least with a shop you can talk with the tech on one to one and know what the deal is ....

on a side note you guys that actually been in a pepboys notice that the chairs are always by the door where they get things fixed? that because they need a place for the customers to lay / or sit down after seeing the outrageous bill :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pepboys, Warwick RI

Used this one to replace the rotors and brakepads on my Toyota Tundra, price was right, with a discount I
found the night before online the deal was fantastic.
No complaints about the work. Towed the trailer 3,000 miles and everything worked well. Have a new
GMC Duramax now but I would recommend them to a friend.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The only time i use pepboys (Fort Myers, Florida) is for my tire replacement and I make sure I take the tire off my truck. Had a flat tire once and brought it in there lets just say the dumb ass kid just about took off my pass side mirror bringing it in the shop. Bent it back and didnt even say a word about it I had some words with manager about it. No real damage was done but being he didnt say a word about it it was just just the fact of matter. So after that I make sure I take the tires off myself and stress that there is no scratches on the rims. Sad when you cant trust people.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Note to self: dont take truck to pepboys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts