GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so ive been looking around at getting a tuner/performance chip. so ive read about the hypertechs and bully dogs and all those brands but then i come across these little tiny chips that claim to do so much and they are really cheap like 70 dollars instead of the 300+ that it cost for a hypertech. so if anyone knows if the cheap one is a good deal or not or if its just bogus please let me know and here is the website of one of the cheap ones
http://www.engineperformancechip.com/chevrolet-performance-chip-chevrolet-silverado-1500-c-800_838/power-performance-chip-x2-p-8
and this one claims to gain 75hp and 8 miles more per gallon
http://autochipsdirect.com/Chevrolet Performance Chips/Chevrolet Silverado 1500 1990-2011

so any thoughts would help thanks
Zach

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Don't waste your money on those so called chips Zach. Smoke and mirrors. Buy a Diablo Preditor. Has better tunes than Hypertech and Bullydog.

·
Registered
593 Posts
and this one claims to gain 75hp and 8 miles more per gallon

so any thoughts would help thanks
Zach
:rofl: I have to have this!!!

On a serious note, I'm really impressed with my Predator. I've done some other mods and some data logging and it's nice to be able to change things when I want to. My only complaint is that I can't get rid of all the torque management. But from my time on several forums, there is nothing as good as Blackbear (EFI Live).

·
Registered
41 Posts
go with the predator its cheaper and better than the hypertech and bullydog. i couldnt be happier with my predator and what it has to offer

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys everyone seems to like be on the same boat with the predators your guys are great ill do some research

·
Registered
216 Posts
you can get a custom tune for what you pay for the cheap hand help stuff

here is a link

http://www.gowheatley.com/

This is all you will need, I promise it will be the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Is it worth the money to go with the Trinity over the predator? I don't currently have a need for data logging. It would be nice to be able to use it for code scans but I don't think it is a requirement.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
The Trinity allows for more data logging over the Preditor, how much more I can't say, but the Preditor does enough to let you get a custom tune from a Diablo tuner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i agree with blackout. my predator does all i need it to do and if you get the pc interface with it and do your logging with the predator through your laptop it opens up tons and tons more parameters to log. i will be doing my logging with laptop from now on. a lot more options

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a hypertech power programming for sale...150 and its all yours. I live right outside of S.D. so I'm getting a BlackBear performance a shot with their custom tune. Just waiting for my extra school money to come in....haha...blackbear be rdy.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a hypertech power programming for sale...150 and its all yours. I live right outside of S.D. so I'm getting a BlackBear performance a shot with their custom tune. Just waiting for my extra school money to come in....haha...blackbear be rdy.....
I am active on some other forums and from what I've read, even the Predator can't compare to what these guys are able to do. Lots of guys have switched and say the difference is night and day. I think you'll be pleased.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Blackout07, you can get a custom tune with your Preditor after you data log and send to a tuner like diablew. Yes a custom tune is better than a standard Preditor but as I mentioned just data log and send to a diablo tuner for a custom tune. I look at other sites also and the ones I've looked at compare a custom tune to a standard Preditor tune.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the predator is going away. Is this true?

·
Registered
216 Posts
My tuner will custom tune your PCM and add a street, strip ect... to a programer and send it to you so you can check codes and change your tune to what you want it to be for the situation at the time. Still custom tuning is the best bang, so you can get a custom tune and have other tunes programed on a hand held

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
The Preditor is going away but it doesn't mean you won't have support once its replacement comes out. Theres to many out there for the support to stop. McMahan, I see you have a Charlie Wheatley tune. I didn't know Charlie did programmers. Who's programmer does he use?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks STB that was my concern.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
aloxdaddy99, I have a older Preditor I got back in '05 and it doesn't do data logging. I can send it back to Diablo for a update ($99.00) but depending how busy Diablo is it could take up to 2 weeks (shipping and programming time) which means my truck would have to sit because I have the gears changed and the 35" tires.I would like a Trinity, but most likely will be buying a new Preditor so I can data log with it. MFleetwood has a NNBS truck with a new Preditor that he data logged with and had DiabLew write a custom tune.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Blackout07, you can get a custom tune with your Preditor after you data log and send to a tuner like diablew. Yes a custom tune is better than a standard Preditor but as I mentioned just data log and send to a diablo tuner for a custom tune. I look at other sites also and the ones I've looked at compare a custom tune to a standard Preditor tune.

I suppose, but what about the TCM support?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts