GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need I say more to what this forum is all about? ;-)

Again, vehicle or non-vehicle specific here. Post away any general performance questions or comments.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Need I say more to what this forum is all about? ;-)

Again, vehicle or non-vehicle specific here. Post away any general performance questions or comments.
Just to clarify.

Jamie when Steve says "non-vehicle" he's not suggesting you tell us about your performance "after hours" with your wife.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Where is the infraction button again...oh I found it. Ya keep it up you 2. I have a keyboard and know how to use it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here ya go i'll try to get it started!
On the last four vehicles i have owned i have put an electric fan, MSD, underdrive pullys, K&N air filter. Most of these items don't cost very much but seen to make a diffference in fuel economy, power, and the car seems to run smoother.
Also when you go to sell the car you usually get your asking price because people know you took care of the it and that you've done all the hard work!:great:

Reactions: TrailLeadr

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
This is a cool set up for 454 SS...Yeee Haw!

Whipple Supercharger w/Corvette Fuel Pump
Edelbrock Performer TBI Intake Manifold
Edelbrock TES Headers
180oF Thermostat
MSD 6AL Ignition with Blaster SS Coil and an Adjustable Rev Limiter
Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System
JET Transmission Heavy Duty TH400 with GV Overdrive
Edelbrock IAS Shocks Front and Rear
Eaton limited slip differential
GMPP Distributor

·
Registered
69 Posts
and how can i get my hands on one of these???????????

I just want to borrow it....i promise:biggrin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
well I think that's what it has... It's a 95 tahoe 2-door 4X4 with a 350 TBI V8 and last time I changed the transmission filter I think it was a 4L80E, but then again it could be a 4L60E... hmm, let me go look it up... crap no idea...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I put one of the Hypertech chips in my dad's 94 K1500 Suburban and it woke it up quite a bit. Not a tire smoking monster by any means, but no slouch either.

http://www.hypertech.com/powchip.html

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I put a Hypertech chip, Helix throttle body spacer, and K&N air filter on my 87 Blazer 350TBI and it woke up quit a bit as well!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Helix throttle body spacer on my 87 Blazer 350TBI and it woke up quite a bit
Is that like this one?

It's supposed to swirl the air as it enters. Adding velocity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tuning And Gas Mileage!!???

I have a question about a street tune on a '04, 2wd, 5.3 Silverado.... If I were to get that tune, how bad would it hurt my gas mileage, how much of an increase would i see in performance, and what is the typical cost of a tune? I was priced for $250 by a performance shop in FL "And which they said I'd see a noticeable difference in the truck from low-mid range, but the wheels would be what hurt me the most"... the are gonna tune it, delete the govenor, and adjust the speedo with my 22's.... So I was just wondering....And as you're prolly wondering, I'm already not getting good mileage with these 22's either.... I haven'tyet tried the K&N filter pak, the underdrive pulleys, or the long tube header kit set up....If i go that far, I might as well get the programmer, and save up for about a year and put a Magnacharger on it...LOL j/k.... But thanks for any help you can give me....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts