GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people...I just got a digital camera for christmas from the wifey...how the heck can I make the pictures just the right size??? I've used a digital camera before, but not really edited to share...Is the correct way to size the picture from the strech and skew?? If I do it to much it just starts looking ugly...when I upload it from the camera it has a resolution of like 2348x2136, thats hella big....I wanna share some picks or add to my sig, but I don't want something huge or even big....Oh yeah, I have a Fuji Finepix F20 6.3mp

Thanks guys/gals, don't mean to be such a dumba$$

·
Registered
101 Posts
Alright people...I just got a digital camera for christmas from the wifey...how the heck can I make the pictures just the right size??? I've used a digital camera before, but not really edited to share...Is the correct way to size the picture from the strech and skew?? If I do it to much it just starts looking ugly...when I upload it from the camera it has a resolution of like 2348x2136, thats hella big....I wanna share some picks or add to my sig, but I don't want something huge or even big....Oh yeah, I have a Fuji Finepix F20 6.3mp

Thanks guys/gals, don't mean to be such a dumba$$
either u can set your camera on a lower resolution or when u has downloaded
those pics to your computer u opent those pics u want to add and use the "change size" option in PAINT ( 100-0 % change ) and then you are home to ad some pics here .. if u at a start download that modyfied pic to your desktop and then you rightclikc and look at property at the bottom you can see the new size your pic has

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Since it sounds like you're using paint, and somewhat familiar with it, you may as well stick with what you know.
Load your picture into MS Paint, and then click "Image" at the top of the screen, then choose "Attributes" from the drop down menu. This will open a small window that allows you to resize the image.
There is no physical size limitation on uploading "jpg" files, but the byte size cannot exceed 97.7kb to be uploaded to this site. I suggest an image size of no larger than 800x600.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Fine art

I recommend smaller pics around 640x480 but 800x600 is good, especially for fine art like::biggrin:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I'll take a look at the settings, but for the most part it has to do with the file size in bytes, not the overall display dimensions. (I could be wrong, I've not looked at all of the hundreds of configuration options)

If I can scrape up $130, we can get a top of the line plug in called PhotoPost, which allows each user a certain amount of storage space, you get to upload photos of any size and it will resize it for you automatically including creating thumbnails for you, and all that sort of good stuff.

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3879

I think that's the ultimate solution. Then you just take a photo from your camera, upload it and the system will do the rest. The only problem is that I'm $130 short of the $130 goal. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all very much for your help...when I get home tonight I'll be sure to mess around that. Again thanks for your help, and I'll be sure to show my truck, all though stock and average...it's my pride and joy!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I use an online photo place to hold all my photos, I can resize them there.

http://www.imageshack.us/

I started using it on my fiero forum because I had such a hard time posting pictures.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll take a look at the settings, but for the most part it has to do with the file size in bytes, not the overall display dimensions. (I could be wrong, I've not looked at all of the hundreds of configuration options)

If I can scrape up $130, we can get a top of the line plug in called PhotoPost, which allows each user a certain amount of storage space, you get to upload photos of any size and it will resize it for you automatically including creating thumbnails for you, and all that sort of good stuff.

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3879

I think that's the ultimate solution. Then you just take a photo from your camera, upload it and the system will do the rest. The only problem is that I'm $130 short of the $130 goal. :)
start a donation thread. i'll donate a couple of bucks. :)

edit: i just saw the thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts