GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are hitting the dealers by me now here are some pics I took today..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Auto part Line Automotive exterior Roof Daylighting Metal Text Font I liked the Chevy on the side bed caps.. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Pickup truck Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle

- - - Updated - - -

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet Here is the inside Sorry the dealer was closed..

- - - Updated - - -

There was also a GMC there... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Gmc Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Did NOT like the 4x4 on the front fender...What were they thinking??? Vehicle Car Ford motor company Family car Rim Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Steering wheel Center console Which front do you like?? Land vehicle Pickup truck Vehicle Car Gmc Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Pickup truck I did like this forward mudflap.. Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Alloy wheel Wheel

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you guys and Girls think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The Silverado looks better than the Sierra.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I saw an all black Sierra lifted leaving rocky ridge the other day it looked bad. I wish I knew what was up with the 2500 and 3500 I might hold off and get one

·
Registered
343 Posts
Both look ridiculous & too boxy. Not crazy about the interior, either.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've always leaned more toward GMC but the Silverado looks much better this round. I think the headlights on the Sierra are what ruins it for me.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I think they are both a big flop, the interior looks cheap and gaudy. I can see where I am going to have to baby my 05', until I see the NEXT body style. :(

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I read an article about the new GM trucks, if I read it correctly the Z71 package is no longer offered as an appearance or equipment package, its now a model truck, i.e. like Silverado 1500 or 2500, you have a Z71 1500 or2500. At publishing time GM wasnt even confirming if the package would be available on 2x4 trucks.
The trucks look ok, maybe theyll grow on me.
The 4.3 engine is still base on Silverado but with ECO tec it got a boost to 285hp, the 5.3 is bumped to 355hp, ratings for the 6.2 specs arent out yet.
The Z71 package also includes a hill control desent system.
The MSRP looks like itll keep me out of one of the new trucks for some time.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I read an article about the new GM trucks, if I read it correctly the Z71 package is no longer offered as an appearance or equipment package, its now a model truck, i.e. like Silverado 1500 or 2500, you have a Z71 1500 or2500. At publishing time GM wasnt even confirming if the package would be available on 2x4 trucks.
The trucks look ok, maybe theyll grow on me.
The 4.3 engine is still base on Silverado but with ECO tec it got a boost to 285hp, the 5.3 is bumped to 355hp, ratings for the 6.2 specs arent out yet.
The Z71 package also includes a hill control desent system.
The MSRP looks like itll keep me out of one of the new trucks for some time.
The 6.2L is supposed to have 420HP and 450TQ.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like the bodies of both trucks. Yes, they are a bit overly boxy but I can dig it. However.. I hate the front end on the Silverado. I suppose I can stand the front end on the GMC. In either case, it looks like I'm going to have to baby my 09' for awhile. I don't see myself driving one of these. (Especially for that price.)

·
Registered
198 Posts
One thing that does drive me nuts is the bumper step. It stands out like a fungus growing on the side of a tree. It is too pronounced.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But it will help you get in the back of the truck.. I liked mine on my old Avalanche.. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet avalanche

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.