GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys pretty much hear this all the time, but where is a good place to get it installed? I finally got my truxxx 2.5" leveling kit in the mail and I am ready to get it installed. I called around to pretty much every tire place near me and everyone says they don't install them. I don't have the equipment nor the mechanical experience to do it myself or I would. I live near Peachtree city, Ga if you can help me find a place. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I find that front end shops are generally alot cheaper than "offroad" shops. My alignment guy did one for a buddy of mine for like $150 w/ alignment. Most offroad shops want at least $250.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The place I usually get my alignment said they only did fullsize lifts.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you man, either spend the 150$ on a torsion bar unloading tool or pay the 200-250 to have somebody put it in. None of the stores in my location rent tools out anymore.:no:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would love to take your money and install it. What kind of shop says no? WTH

·
Registered
222 Posts
How about it! and you have a chevelle (my dream car) I'll give you my 79 firebird and 82 trans am in return! (both have 350's!) lol just kidding, any pictures?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Have you called around to different dealerships?? I called my local chevy dealership and they installed my ReadyLift level for $100 + 70 for allignment. 4wheelparts wanted something stupid like $550.

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about it! and you have a chevelle (my dream car) I'll give you my 79 firebird and 82 trans am in return! (both have 350's!) lol just kidding, any pictures?
Thanks for the offer, but I will have to say no, lol. My chevelle is my baby, she was my first car that I got when I was 14. I need to put some pictures up, I will put some in my profile.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm suprised you can't find a place to do it foor you! I called and got quotes from a lot of places and they all did installs. From tire discounters to my local muffler shop. I ended up going with a local body shop and got a decent price. And I have the same leveling kit you ordered. I love it so far. Good choice and good luck!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Allot of dealerships will do it but will charge you allot for installing the lift. I would say usally 700$ or more. The only reason i got to get a deal of 300$ is because i know a buddy that works at dealership and he did the install on the weekend and was done before i got done in the afternoon around 3 o'clock. Try to see if anyone you know would help you out or try to get to know someone that works at the dealership and maybe he could hook you up on the weekend for really cheap and both of you will go home happy!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I paid around 120 for my leveling kit when i got it and when i had the lift done it was 850 from my buddys shop and that was including the wheel alignment, misc parts and my new ball joints

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm actually in the process of doing this now. (plus a wheel bearing and new shocks)

It wouldnt be that bad if my truck wasn't that rusty. I got the rear blocks and shocks in, front shocks in, now just doing the keys. I stopped at 3 stores trying to get the tool but no one had it. I am just using a c-clamp made for bushings. Its pretty burly with a 7/8" hex on the end for a socket. It worked very well. I got the one adjuster out but I cant get the bar out of the key. Soaked in it PB and I am getting something to eat. Hopefully I will have enough energy to finish it tonight.

now don't get me started on the joy of a wheel bearing replacement this is. fml.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Weird that your tire shops won't install them, as that's who installed mine. Although, they don't do lift kits.....weird.

And yes, wheel bearings suck truck nuts. Again, my tire shop will do those on my Chevy for me because I hate doing them, lol. The Ranger is a piece of cake to do, though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So after finally calling around to a couple offroad stores near me I found one that installs pretty much any lift, tires, wheels for a good price. They also do their own alignments. He looked it up online and said $120 for installing and $60 for an alignment. Should I do it or search around a little bit more?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Not to install a leveling kit. :rules:
Yeah your right i was confused thought it was a lift instead ha. Anyway that's how much $700 or more so i got more than half off either way talk to some guy's get to know them and you can work out a deal! A leveling kit is simple to install it's just coil spacers and then alignment you can go a few days before you do that also.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called some other places and they wanted over $200 for the install and alignment so I think I am gonna go with the off road shop. They do really good work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts