GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discount Pontiac Parts - We've teamed up with GM Parts Club
Place your order below or visit the Pontiac Parts section of www.gmpartsclub.com.
Need help? Call 1-877-347-6220 and talk with a parts pro.

<iframe src="http://www.partswebsite.com/gmpartsclub/index.php?i=2&make=146&model=819&year=2009&type=parts&tpd=yes" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="838" height="1800"></iframe>

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I would test continuity on the cable to the starter. Any after market alarms, or remote starters recently installed, or installed at all?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I know that Click and Clack are national shows. I've lived in several different markets and have listened to several different shows in all of them. Maybe it's just me becuase I listen to talk radio alot.

·
1,555 Posts
I haven't tracked down any of the national shows, but I do enjoy a couple of locally hosted shows. I find the ones I like the most are those that actually try to help a DIY figure out how to fix something. Some of the hosts like to say, "bring it into the shop on Monday and we'll look at it for you" rather than actually help a guy.

1080 AM in Dallas, huh? It seems I recall picking up that station a couple of times at night (or some station from Dallas). I love AM radio at night.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AM 820 WBAP is a powerhouse station in Dallas, they run a show at night (and boost their signal I believe) for something called the Midnight Trucker show.

The Midnight Radio Network

Finally, the Midnight Radio Network with hosts Eric Harley and Gary McNamara airs on WBAP from 12 midnight to 5am. The show is syndicated and also airs on other legendary stations across the country like WJR in Detroit, KBOI in Boise, KOKC in Oklahoma City and more, as well as Sirius Satellite Radio.

McNamara joined the Midnight Radio Network in August of 2005 after successfully hosting a local afternoon show on WBAP for 5 years. In 2002, The Midnight Radio Network's Eric Harley (along with former MRN host Joe Kelley) won the coveted Katie Award for Best Talk Show from the Dallas Press Club.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Congrats! :D Hope it serves you well, and for as long as you like!
Welcome to the board!! : :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Never heard any shows like that around here. Closest we get is Nascar coverage on Saturdays, and Sundays.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Does anyone know where i can find a replacement for the controls of a 2001 suburban. Some how, someone decided to put their finger thru one of the buttons and i am figuring that i am not able to replace just the button but the entire unit. any help would be grateful. I have tried to search all over the net but no luck.

thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Some time back one of our board members posted a topic on getting a "Restoration Packet" direct from GM. Some of you may remember that I ordered my restoration packet, and seemed a bit dismayed by what I found for information in it. I expected to find VIN specific info in the packet. By VIN specific, I mean specific to my vehicle. Especially since when you call to request this, the rep asks you for your VIN, instead of just asking for the year, make and model.

After having reviewed the packet, I found it does have a lot of good information, even if it is not specific to my rig only. I had previously posted a link to download a file which had the most important information in a nutshell, based on all Suburbans produced for the 1993 model year.

Unfortunately I was storing the file on a yahoo server, and they deleted the file due to inactivity. Thankfully Davnady still had a copy of the file. I'm going to post this file on my personal server, and I assure you it will not get deleted this time.

In addition, I hope to be able to find the time to collect more model year packets, and have those files available as well.

As for right now, the file is available here.
http://www.aly-kotah.com/93suburban.pdf
You will need adobe reader, or some other program capable of viewing PDF files.

I need to see if I can locate the phone number to call to request packets. I will post the phone number here once I find it. If anyone is interested in having a file for a specific year made up, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the site.

How's your Suburban treating you? The 2006 is the last of that body style as the 2007 was redesigned. Did you purchase new or pre-owned?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very Cool.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really? You might check your dial a bit, maybe not every market carries shows llike that. I've been in big cities for the past 20 years so maybe that changed things for me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2006 Silverado 5.3 automatic transmission whines in 1st &amp; 2 gear. It may whine all the time but road noise keeps me from hearing it. Anybody got any ideas as to what causes this whine?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I received a note on my windwhield that someone was interested in buying a diesel Surburban. Mine is not diesel. It's San Francisco area. If anyone is really interested in selling one I'll give the number.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Take it out and get it DIRTY!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Huh, that's interesting. I did that once when I saw a camaro broken down on the side of the road, becuae I had an extra engine in my shop. ... said I would buy it for the body if they wanted to give me a good deal. They wanted to, but something came up, I forget why I didn't do the deal.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts