GM Truck Club Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
we took the spare tire off broke the bead with the front tire of my friends truck then repeated the same steps to get the mud tire on the spare rim put the spare rim on and went mujddin again

·
Registered
14 Posts
My whole checkered history:
1962 - lost control of my friend's fiat 500 and laid it down. We turned it back upright and drove it home. Cost me $105 in body work out of my $15 per week allowance.
1963 - ran into my Dad's VW beetle with my Dad's Buick. Not a fun conversation.
2006 - forgot I had a trailer hooked up to my Burb. Jackknifed the rig and damaged my LR quarter panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone added OEM fogs to their LS Trailblazer?
I spent about six months solving the challenge that GM presented.
Made brackets, wired to the fuse box and changed the headlight switch.
Reprogrammed the BCM at the dealer and everything works factory.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] if you want pictures and/or help.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Feel free to post photos up here, I'm sure a lot of folks would love to see it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wrecked my first car, a fully loaded dark green 1993 Nissan Altima GXE... That car made me sad in soo many ways once it was gone... but then again it made me sad when I had it to... It was actually a nice car in almost everyway except for size and horsepower... But my tahoe meets both of those requirements and quite a few others so, you know whatever...

·
Registered
140 Posts
My first wreck was my first car, a 59 Ford. Got a parked car. My fault of course. Then I managed to hit 5 deer in two weeks with my 87 Jimmy and wife's Taurus. Followed that up with a roll over of the 87 Jimmy several years later when a big buck 16 pointer decided to run into my front end on a sharp curve. Spun the truck 180 and the rear tire blew out on the road edge and over she went. Many near misses with the deer but that's been it for me. The State Police officer in the area expects me to have a deer license when driving these days. Gary

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've never wrecked a car, never even had a ticket (knocking on every piece of wood in sight) though twice, 20 years apart I've been hit.
Both accidents were almost identical. I was sitting stopped at a light, with a car(s) in front of me, and I was rear-ended by an inattentive driver and pushed into the car in front of me. Both times no injuries or unrepariable damage, but annoying. Oddly enough, both times it was a woman that hit me. Just an observation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

The leaf springs on my 90 suburban (6.2 Diesel, 4x4) are completely dead : the curve, instead of being to the bottom is to the top :?
So I'm about changin' the springs. My local dealer offer me to put 2,5 inches lift springs as they are cheaper thn regular ones. That sounds pretty cool but I'm wondering if I'll have to change other things on the truck : maybe the shocks ? the axles ?
Thanks fot helping me.
Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey All, my name is Andy and I have an 01 Yukon XL with a 5.3 motor that is going through a quart of oil every 3K miles. Every so often you see the blue smoke at start up which makes me think it is a valve seal. I plan on checking compression in all the cylinders and blead down to verify the rings are Ok as well. Just Thought I would post the question to see if anyone else has a similar problem and identified the associated mechanical issues.

Thanks in advance!

Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOW, that's really cheap, but is it any good, I hate to spend several hours putting in one of these to find it dies after a few weeks/months. Did you ever buy from this company?

I don't want chinese crap even if it is cheap.

Will the mechanism from a p/w door fit in my door? has anyone done this? I know years back the sheet metal in the door was differant and you could not change manual to power without changing the entire door or doing large amounts of cutting and welding. GM has gotten better at some of this by standardizing alot of things, but I don't know if this applies to my year. (1995)

181 - 192 of 192 Posts