GM Truck Club Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Steve said:
Such a sad situation. My heart goes out to their family. I have been up and down I-5 but I don't think that I have ever been off the road around there. I wouldn't mind moving back to that part of the world someday.
I could not live anywhere else but Oregon. I have tried. I have been to Alaska and all the west coast states. Still like it here the best.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 5 GM vehicles:

1) 1987 GMC V10 Jimmy w/ 152,000. Rusty but trusty....

2) 1997 Malibu 128,000 and still running very well.

3) 2001 Malibu LS 51,000 and a great car.

4) 2004 Alero 56,000 and very good car for my daughter.

5) 2001 Tahoe LT 81,563 and my pride and joy.
A great looking a vehicle and ride. Best truck ever in my :wink:
mind. GS

·
Registered
231 Posts
IT Consultant for Corporate customers, and also not-for-profit's at a reduced rate.

I also spend most of my time trying to find a way to move full time to a quiet cabin way out in the woods away from cities and crowds, and other people's computers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a 20 year old English tutor for ADD/ADHD disabled kids, I also do handy man projects on the side when I'm away at college... I've done everything from changing alternators to framing windows. But unfortunately most of the time people just pay me with food when I'm away at school...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm 52 years old and have worked for 26 years as a firefighter/Emt for the town of Sanford Maine ,before that I did four years in the Air Force Crash Fire Rescue service . Love my GMC Canyon !!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I live in Alberta Canada
I just retired from the Army after 18 years. Had to be medically released for injuring to my back in Afganistan in 2002.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I work for a co. out of Japan. We manufacture specialty films. One type of product we make is the fake wood and other decorative color layers (i.e. chrome, satin silver, etc.) used in auto bezels and other trim areas of autos. I am a sales rep. and cover 19 states and B.C., CN.

·
Registered
87 Posts
166,615 miles on my '96 2500 burb.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I'm south of Dallas, near mansfield. Prices KEEP going up. :-(

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've done a whole host of different jobs. From managing theaters (National Amusements), Glass cutter and Glazier, printed circuit board fabricator, Banking and finance, to welder fabricator at General Dynamics (Last boat I worked on was USS Hawaii), among other jobs. I've always had some kind of side job from horse transportation to computer repair, and I'm now exclusively self employed I build texture sprayers for company's like Dryvit systems. They are used for application of simulated acoustics as well as other applications such as drywall mud. Spray it on smooth it out. Beats putting it on by hand!! :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
NW GA is at $2.11 and climbing. Don't really drive my burb enough to let it bother me though. If it was a daily driver I'd be singing the blues.... :?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
15 years at GM CPC Framingham, MA

The last 15 have been in construction, as a Ironworker/Welder/Fabricator, what ever pays the bills.

Now disabled since Dec. 04 stroke and 6 heriated discs in my back.

So now you know why the Short Term Memory Loss, STML comes up a lot.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts