GM Truck Club Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Any Advice would be appriciated.

My key remote has been acting strange lately or acting whenever it wants to. I will have to be very close to the truck before it registers to unlock.

My second issue is the crew cab doors rattle while Im driving. Is there a way to tighten the "hinges" (for a better choice of words)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
224548 miles on my 93 burb. Bought it August last year with 200k+ miles on it. Drove it for 4000 miles/month until November 05 when the company leased a Chevy pu K2500 for me. Rolled up 51K on the pu the first year. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everyone,
I recently bought a 1995 K2500, it has every thing I wanted except PW and PDL, so do I get an aftermarket kit or use junkyard parts? Has anyone done this? what kit did you use?

PDL are the first thing I want to do, just so I can get a remote lock/unlock. I hate having to use the key all the time. Windows I may or may not do.

Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The remote key batteries can either get drained quickly or perhaps be a little loose in the case. I'd look for a new battery first.

What causes your rattle? Is it not closing tightly enough?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Just read this. Could you imagine getting the phone call to do this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061214/ap_on_fe_st/china_dolphins_tallest_man

I wonder how a conversation like that starts...
"Hello. We have sick dolphins, and since you're the world's tallest man, and you have really long arms, we'd like you to reach into our dolphins stomachs and take out what's making them sick." :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I am a new Suburban owner. Got a used 85 K20. Its a work truck. I really like it. But I need new shocks. I was lookin at Ranchos but there are quite a few and some ask about "OE". Does this mean original equipment? I think so. I am open to recomendations on fixes and the like. I.E. shocks and tires etc. Thanks! Love my "Bourbon"! K

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
GUILTY. I have had a couple of pretty bad wrecks before and a couple of minor fender benders that aren't worth talking about much.

Just curious how many of you have ever really tore up a vehicle. If so, how did it happen and how could you have avoided it?

ME?

My first wreck was when someone pulled out in front of me. (They thought they had a green-arrow to turn left -- but they didn't). Their fault.

Next, came me in a 1973 Mustang I had when I was a kid. I caught the shoulder around a turn and spun out -- right into the front end of a woman's car. MY fault.

Next, I actually rolled a Suburban. Yes, it's true, back in 1991 I was the victim of a crazy driver that forced me into a ditch and my dad's old mid-70's Suburban rolled over in the ditch. Totaled it! I should have pulled back, but I hit the accellerator. That was a 50-50% accident the Cops said.

That's it for big wrecks for me. No one was hurt -- thank God!

WHO'S NEXT! :)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've seen some keyless entry kits that actually have the power door lock units included.
This is just a lock kit:
https://www.directwholesale.net/secure/productdetails.asp?prodid=453055304

As far as power windows. You could get the mechanism from a bone yard, but I would buy new motors. On the surface you can't tell how much use/abuse a motor has had without opening it up. And their not going to let you tear apart a window motor to see what shape it's in.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Wow, that's a pretty good price for the unit.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Speaking of which, something is clogging my toilet. I wonder if ...

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
The photo is worth seeing.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
I thought there was a guy near Chernobal that was 8'4" tall. He had a brain tumor that made his pitutiary gland overproduce HGH.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I was 16 I totaled my 67 Camaro Convertible, Was running late for work, rolled through a stop sign and floored it on a left hand turn... posi broke loose and I did a 180 into the grass and slid into a concrete light pole.

That really screwed me up mentally, the car was my dream car and I never thought I'd own one. I have another 67 Camaro now but its a hard top and not nearly as optioned or nice as my first car, but lifes little lessons... I've never even so much as jumped a curb since that wreck.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts