GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange popping noise on the driver side front end. Sounds like your popping your knuckle. It only happens when I’m either at a stop or going at a slow speed while taking a right turn. I’ve had the dealership look at it three times now and they can’t seem to figure out the issue. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a strange popping noise on the driver side front end. Sounds like your popping your knuckle. It only happens when I’m either at a stop or going at a slow speed while taking a right turn. I’ve had the dealership look at it three times now and they can’t seem to figure out the issue. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
I have the same thing on my 18... sounds like a rock hitting the windshield.

·
Registered
13,837 Posts
I'd check the sway bar end links

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
309 Posts
What kind of vehicle are you driving? Perhaps I missed this info somewhere...

2000 C2500
Idea 1: Take a look at the nut on top of the shock. We had it fall off within 100miles of purchase (new) and the dealer couldn't find the noise. Took us a while to find it, too...Luckily the nut was on the frame.
Idea 2: Are you sure it's coming from the front? We blew out 2 fuel tanks from a plugged vent. (Didn't know this solenoid was a thing at the time.) The symptoms preceding the failure was a "pop" from beneath the vehicle when the tank depressurized at low fuel pressures or after shutting off the truck.

2000 NBS Silverado: I'm still chasing a slow rolling "clink clink clink clink" coming from the driver's side only. No evidence of it from the passenger side. Speed of clink associated with vehicle speed until it stops. Does not seem to matter if I'm turning or not...If you figure it out, let me know.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
old truck ? lower ball joint pops with wear .. check the rubber grease seal then lift tire off the ground then put a bar under the tire and pry up on the tire if it pops then that is the ball joint..
new trucks have no grease fittings to grease it .. then when the grease boots tear the grease falls out and then the joints get damaged from water in the rust belt quickly ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts