GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I spend Saturday mornings scrounging around the Salt Lake Valley treasure hunting. Today we stop by a house where there’s an ‘01 Silverado 2500 HD extended cab long bed with a topper, 8.1, and the Allison. Very nice truck, see them frequently. The son pulls up in a ‘94 short bed xcab in very nice condition. Kid’s about 17. Turns out this guy bought the ‘94 new. Then the ‘01 new. He ordered a ‘20 Denali that’s due in this week.

My wife finds some clothing and a couple pair of shoes. I get out of the car to go help carry things and start chatting with the guy and he mentions he’s looking to sell the Silverado. Mentions a price of 2K-2500. My wife and I are blown away. About 190K or so on the clock, but it looks brand new. He’s so meticulous about care, so I’m not concerned about buying the truck. I might end up flipping my ‘95 short step to pay for this one.

If junior decides to keep black beauty, I get first shot at the ‘01. My wife’s very excited because she’d be able to drive the truck now.

Fingers crossed.

Almost forgot: over in the yard, out of view from the street sits his grandmother’s ‘66 Chevelle under a cover, 70K on the car! Original white over green, white interior in mint condition. What a huge blessing.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Dang! I was over there on Friday and Saturday driving up and down State Street (your neck of the woods, UV State St., not SLC State St.) looking for something to replace the Escalade. Wasn't looking for a truck, but that probably would have caught my eye. I almost made an offer on a '01 CCLB Dually with a Duramax, one owner with 81K on it. Instead, I came home empty handed and decided to spend a couple grand on making the Escalade a one-of-a-kind rebuild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts