GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I'm new here but the alleged recal will affect mostly Trailblazer and Envoy extended versions. You usually get the gas smell even if the gas cap is closed tightly. I've had my tank and stuff changed out about 2 months ago. The only way they will change it out is if you have a service engine light on and have a fuel/emission code stored. The way I got mine done was when the light came on, I called Onstar and told them about the gas smell. I had them run a test and they recorded the code in their records. I later called GMC to which they claim "no recall" in the works. When I stated my safety concerns with my 03 Envoy xl, they made an appointment with a dealership. The dealership noticed 2 leaking areas: 1 by the the filler neck and 1 by the fuel pump area. It took 1 week for the tank to get in but I'm happy and running! GM will never make a real "recall" because then they would have to pay for rental cars and such while the "un-safe" vehicles are in their shop.:rofl:

· Registered
2 Posts
Chevy has already notified me of the recall about two months ago!! They will re-imburse you if you have already had something done and fix it if there is a problem.:great:
Yes, they will re-imburse you if yoy have the tank and stuff changed. The only problem is that you have to prove alot of thing and start a rucuss before they pay you. That is what a dealership told me. That is why I made them change it for me. I hate waiting for my money:gasp::rules:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.