GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im possibly looking into getting a used truck, as being young sitll i cant get approved for a 40k loan for the truck i want, and me wanting a truck now theres a used dealer ship that has a couple ford diesels that im looking at, and a couple dmax's but i wont be towing anything itll be just for daily in city driving, so i dont think the diesel is the way to go. the dealership also has a 08 silverado that im thinking of looking at, it has 99,000kms on it and in the description has factory warranty till 160km, what does the warranty cover is it just the engine/powetrain? im not aware of the standard warranty that was offered on those years. the engine is the 6.0L vortec. a buddy of mine said he wouldnt get that engine, as they are reallly heavy on fuel and make the same power as the lower engine offered (5.3 i think?) there any truth to this? the truck looks super clean in the pics. its a truck so fuel is gonna suck regardless, i was in the market for a 2011 ram 1500 with the hemi, so thats itself isnt light on gas so i dont mind the gas bill. plans for the truck is 6"lift 37's couple more appearance mods, exhaust, and maybe a tuner if itll even help with the truck?
the truck is listed at 23,800 im hoping to get it down a bit more. i live in winnipeg canada if thatll help with seeing it the price tage is worth it for the truck, also if i could post a link to the site let me know, donno if im allowed to or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
who all have u tryed going through. and heres my reasoning...for a couple differ things I at the age of 20 got a 25k loan through usaa now tha military thing might have helped alot but also try getting a cosigner then refinazing it. TWO ur buying a truck most likely for the looks and manliness you already kno gas is gonna suck haha thats a given

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting a new truck isnt a option so I'm not gonna bother, I don't have a cosigner (parents don't have good credit) and my history is short. I make more then enough to get one but that isn't enough. So how is the 08 2500 with the 6.0L ? Any major problems with it. I'm going tomorow to look at the truck aswell as a couple powerstrokes, still can't decide if I should get a diesel or gas

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Getting a new truck isnt a option so I'm not gonna bother, I don't have a cosigner (parents don't have good credit) and my history is short. I make more then enough to get one but that isn't enough. So how is the 08 2500 with the 6.0L ? Any major problems with it. I'm going tomorow to look at the truck aswell as a couple powerstrokes, still can't decide if I should get a diesel or gas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts