GM Truck Club Forum banner

Power extending to power folding mirror swap...help!

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  kkdozer 
#1 ·
I just traded my dad my 2008 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 for his 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L 4x4.

My questions is...

I have the power/heated/turn signal/power extending trailer mirrors and I have ordered the power/heated/turn signal/ power folding mirrors to replace them. I do tow a trailer but I have add on mirrors that I like more then the extending ones currently on the pickup and i need the mirrors to fold in order to get into the garage . I've seen tons of info on adding the power folding mirrors to the Silverado but not swapping the power extending for the power folding. I'm wondering if this is a simple swap because they have all the same features and the switch has the extending/folding diagram on it.

I'm a newbie here and this is my first post so please don’t flog me if this has already been answered.

Thanks in advance for the help!

#3 ·
Incase anyone was wondering, the swap went perfectly. No messing with the harnesses, switches, nothing...just removed the door panels, removed the triangle piece of trim that covers the mirror bolts, and unbolted the mirror. Put it all back together with the new mirrors and viola! Here's a pic with the new mirrors. Any my pickup will once again fit into the garage, yeahhhhh!

#4 ·
Thanks for the info, they look great. I want the fold in mirrors and found someone that would trade me his for my extending mirrors. I went to the dealership and they said I would have to flash the computer for the folding mirrors to work. Did you have to do anything special for them to work? Does the curb-view work as well?

#5 ·
Thanks for the info, they look great. I want the fold in mirrors and found someone that would trade me his for my extending mirrors. I went to the dealership and they said I would have to flash the computer for the folding mirrors to work. Did you have to do anything special for them to work? Does the curb-view work as well?
I would be happy to double check for you if you will need a reprogram. Please feel free to contact me with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.