GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally got my truck logging with my predator all dialed in after playing with it for a while. i finished it about 2 weeks ago or so and what a difference it has made. ever since i owned the truck and if you would floor it it made a detonating sound.....not good lol. and my mpg was about between 13-14 virtually all city driving and now after i adjusted the ltft's and the pe the detonation is gone and mpg's are averaging over 16 now.....im utterly impressed

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great to hear!
I get that same detonation issue at higher RPM, couldnt hear it till i got my aftermarket exhaust. I just assumed it was the torque mgt retarding the spark a bit. One more reason to get a diablosport product i guess.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Glad to hear about your results, schultzie.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I actually have had a hypertech programmer for a while now, but i always hear that pinging detonation sound around higher rpms like when i floor it on the highway, I have never done anything about it but since you say yours is gone now, should i be worried about that myself or is it even a big deal?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
A little detonation, like for 1-2 seconds is considered normal by GM when first hitting WOT. I'm sorry,but I don't agree with that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont agree with that either any detonation is not good.... that is not a normal engine sound well i guess for our trucks it might be but to me its an abnormal sound a motor should not make. i would fix it. plus when i run wide open it runs and pulls better and i dont worry about hearing a big bang from hearing abnormal sounds (i.e detonation)

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

did your detonation go away after your exhaust or did you just hide it from the noise of your exhaust....i didnt do my tuning till after i put my exhaust on (just a cat back dynomax ultra flo ss) but even after i put it on my detonation was still there

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
not trying to jack schultzies thread lol but how would i fix that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts