GM Truck Club Forum banner

Preparing For Lights Behind Grill

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  cohen 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have seen many of you with the fog lights behind the grill and I love the look. Yesterday, I got a small set of 3" fogs for the upper section of the grill and today I will be going to purchase some 4" (or larger) fogs for the lower section of the grill. I will be doing the install tomorrow and will be sure to let you all know how this goes and take a lot of pictures. Here is a photoshopped picture of what I am going for.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good. Should be a unique setup for sure.

#4 · (Edited)
Others have said that the heat won't be enough to melt the grill. I am trusting the club on this one. I got all my lights and can't wait to start tomorrow night. I settled for the cheapies from advanced (one set was given to me for doing a stereo).

Uppers (couldn't help but open them):

Lowers:

Okay, so they aren't the nicest lights, but they will do for now...

#7 ·
Make another install video like the other one, it was great.

#8 · (Edited)
Def will make a video of them in action. Just got them mounted up. Now for the wiring. I am going to wire them to a switch inside my flip up console for now. I want to do a project similar to this LINK and move the switches to the overhead console. Here is a pic of them mounted.

I have to move the upper passenger side light up just a bit and they will be good. They are really close, but it will bug the crap out of me if I don't fix it

**Edit- If you didn't notice I just kicked over my drink :grrrrrr:

#9 ·
They look even to me, maybe its the drink you kicked over.LOL.

#11 ·
Hey Alston, Were you near the storms?? We had a great light show and some wind but luckly no damage.

#12 ·
Hey Alston, Were you near the storms?? We had a great light show and some wind but luckly no damage.
We did get some bad weather. Our Lowe's lost some of it's roof on the garden center and all of the storage sheds in the parking lot looked like a crushed tin can. We are not use to torandos around these parts and to see some of the trees driving around was just mind boggling. About 90 minutes north east of us is Sanford, NC and they got it real bad. I saw pics of some homes on the news and it was just devastating.

#13 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I didn't finish wiring the lights until midnight last night, but they are finally done. I took some pics this morning and forgot to put the card in my camera. As soon as I find the camera to computer cord I will post some pics.

***Edit-

Here are a couple pics I took. I will get some night shots up later or tomorrow.

I am working on the console now. I think I'm going to write a how to for it w/ lots of pics when I'm done.

#14 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.