GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,934 Posts
Even if you're in a mild coating of snow, you're still going to feel a slight shudder in the truck as you make your turn in 4hi. I'd say it's normal. The severity of the jerking/shuddering will depend on vehicle speed, and how clean the road is.

A good rule of thumb is that 4wd should really only be used after you find that 2wd is not getting the job done.
I'm not saying that you are, but a lot of people tend to over-use their 4wd. As soon as the first flake of snow falls, their 4wd comes on. It's like a nervous response.

· Registered
2,934 Posts
Thanks guys.
I think MrShorty hit it, binding was the best explination of what happens, and it seems normal from your comments.

I just wish salesman would worry less about writting there names on the chalkboard, and high fivin' there buddies and spend more time explaining the functions of the new truck once you signed the papers.

Great forum, thanks

DR.Z
Sad thing is that they really only know about the selling points. They generally don't have that much knowledge of the vehicles from an operational standpoint outside of it's specs. (tow, payload, safety...)
I'm not saying all salesmen, but most.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.