GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Silverado LT3 package
For some reason my passenger side windshield wiper won't go all the way down, it stops halfway down the winshield. (won't return to the normal resting position) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
2006 Silverado LT3 package
For some reason my passenger side windshield wiper won't go all the way down, it stops halfway down the winshield. (won't return to the normal resting position) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Is this something that just started?

Or was it this way when you got it?

If this just happened I would say the linkage for the wiper on that side has slipped.

Does it wipe normally otherwise?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You might need to tighten the spindle shaft. Depending on what you drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about that I just realized how little I posted after I read it again. (Midnight shift, lack of sleep) I have a 1500 silverado and it doesn't make any noise. The problem just recently started after the winter. I remember that it was icy for a while and I recall the problem starting after that. I tried to fix it the other day but I couldn't seperate the wiper arm from the screw that holds it in place.
That should give you more information (now that I'm more awake):lol:
Anyway thanks for your quick responses.
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
At the base of the wiper where it attaches to the post.

There should be a lever right there you need to pry out a bit, then pull and wobble the wiper arm until it comes off.

Then you should be able to remove the cowl and get at the inner linkages if need be.

If you can get up there on the hood and look down into the cowl where the wiper linkage goes and have a helper turn the wipers on and off so you can see why it’s not working right.

It could be something as simple as a stripped threads on the wiper blade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I'll give that a try but i'll admit i'm kinda confused as to what I'm doing/looking for. If you could give me any more advice I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
My camera isn’t working right, can anyone get him a picture of what I am talking about in my last post?

Or is this different than my older 94?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i give up i can't get the wiper arm to detach from the cowl. Any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still troubled

Hi
Still having trouble getting my wipers to work. I am able to take the nut off but there seems to be a washer or something of that sort preventing me from seperating the wiper arm from the cowl. Anyone else come across this in their truck??
Thanks again

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I did a google search and there are many windshield wiper arm removal tools out there that might be helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
That might be a good idea. I've had problems before, but there were like 30 minute problems at the most until I got it all apart.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
How I did it

My 06 Silverado was easy. Remove the black beauty cap and remove the 13mm retaining nut. I couldn't find my wiper arm removal tool, so I improvised with a pair of cable cutters. A screw driver will only pry on one side or the other and you need to lift the arm off evenly. I positioned the cable cutters under the arm and it lifted off easily.:biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally

Well after some pushing and pulling and 3 or 4 tries I finally got it off. All of the posts above definitely helped but if I may add one thing for anyone reading this later on....In order to get it off I had to flaten out the wiper arm by putting pressure on the bend in the arm. This may have gone without saying for most but I'm not exactly mechanically inclined. So for the next non-mechanically inclined person that may be helpful. Anyway thanks to all who posted because it all was very useful. This is my first experience with this site and I got to say that I'm loving it. Keep up the good work and thanks a bunch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts