GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 Chevy Blazer with a 350 with a throttle body.ITs a rebuilt moter with new plugs,wires ,cap, rotor everything .Heres the problem when its Idling it runs good no problems .When I put it in gear and take off it starts hesitating unless I floor it.So I was messing around with it and unhook the map sensor and it seemed to run ok.Can my map sensor be bad and my check engine light not come on? But my check engine light is on now its unplugged .My throttle sensor if I unhook it idles up a little and sounds alot better I was wondering if they could be bad ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a 1987 Chevy Blazer with a 350 with a throttle body.ITs a rebuilt moter with new plugs,wires ,cap, rotor everything .Heres the problem when its Idling it runs good no problems .When I put it in gear and take off it starts hesitating unless I floor it.So I was messing around with it and unhook the map sensor and it seemed to run ok.Can my map sensor be bad and my check engine light not come on? But my check engine light is on now its unplugged .My throttle sensor if I unhook it idles up a little and sounds alot better I was wondering if they could be bad ?
its quite possible that it is bad. best bet would be take it over to advanced auto and have them put it on there test equip. and itll tell you exact. whats going on and it dont cost anything to have them do it.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I'm not quite sure if taking it over to an auto parts store is going to reap any information. The 87 should be OBDI, and I don't think most stores even have an OBD1 reader. I know the ones that autozone and advanced auto sell can read obd1, but only if you buy an additional adapter and such, which I don't think they have... Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can have a MAP sensor go bad and it not throw a code. I have seen that before. One sure fire way is to back probe it and measure the voltage. The other way is t ocheck your gas mileage. If it is getting owrse, or if you happen to notice a smell from the tail pipe like it is burning rich, or even in worst cases, gas in the oil, then the MAP sensor can be the culprit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.